Samsung Unveils Galaxy Pop Android Smartphone in South Korea
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 7:52 PM EST
The company is yet to reveal the price details of its latest offering. Several reports assumed that the high-end smarphone will come with a hefty price tag.
Samsung's Galaxy Pop sports a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display and run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system. The smartphone carries some of the features of last year's launch, Galaxy Premier which flaunted the same screen but had a less powerful dual-core TI-OMAP processor. Galaxy Pop in comparison is powered by a quad core processor which is clocked at 1.4GHz to deliver impressive performance.
"The Galaxy Pop's model number is SHV-E220 and except for the chipset, the rest of the specs stay the same - a 4.65-inch 720p Super AMOLED screen, 1GB of RAM, an 8MP rear camera, and 8 or 16 GB internal storage expandable via a microSD card slot," reported GSMArena.
The smartphone packs an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front- facing camera. On the connectivity front, the device supports Bluetooth 3.0, WIF, NFC and 4G LTE. It houses a battery of 2,100 mAh and comes with 1GB RAM.
In addition, the smartphone also features Smart Stay, Popup play and S Beam. The device will be available only in white variant and it is not sure when it will hit other markets outside South Korean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness