MasterChef: The Professionals: Did Kiah Blanco Deserve the Chop?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 1, 2013 4:23 PM EST
MasterChef: The Professionals bids goodbye to chef Kiah Blanco this week.
This week seemed to be the hardest as the contestants were divided into two teams to cook three courses for 120 guests. Nothing could have prepared the contestants for the insanity that followed, with Reds and Greens both frantically trying to finish prep in time and then keep up with the demand for their dishes.
Chef Kiah was in charge of his team's dessert and knew that he may face his doom. "There are a million and one things that can go wrong with a soufflé," he noted. "They're very temperamental."
In the end, Kiah's soufflés were undercooked that led the team to lose and his final appearance in the show.
Eliminated from the competition, Kiah can take comfort from Marco's resounding endorsement: "I've worked with a lot of great chefs but very few chefs with as much heart as you have. You leave a winner."
The Queensland sous chef knows exactly where he needs to be to make his dreams a reality. "If I'm going to succeed and keep at the top of my game I need to keep myself driven. I need to pack my bags and move down to Melbourne and get among the food scene," Blanco said.
Last week, chef to the stars Anthony Bantoft was booted out of the competition. Anthony is a known private chef to the rich and famous, Anthony Bantoft has cooked for the likes of Penelope Cruz, Sean Connery, Tommy Lee Jones and Andre Agassi.
Anthony served his "seafood five ways" dish, which was discriminated by Marco Pierre White as a "shipwreck". The judges seemed to be overwhelmed by the overly complicated dish that included a crab soufflé cooked in an egg cup.
MasterChef: The Professionals faced tough competition this week in terms of ratings against Seven's My Kitchen Rules. MasterChef overall audience plummeted from its usual past one million mark.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date