Rupee Falls from 3-1/2 High; Oil India Flows Eyed
February 1, 2013 3:46 PM EST
The rupee falls to 53.32/33 versus its previous close of 53.2150/2250 as investors cover short-dollar positions. The Indian unit hit a three-and-a-half month high of 53.07 on Thursday.
The pair is seen moving in a 53.15 to 53.50 range during the day with dollar inflows for the Oil India(OILI.NS) stake sale being watched.
The BSE Sensex is up 0.1 percent and will be monitored for cues during the day.
Asian currencies trading mixed compared to the dollar.
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices