Watch The Most Amazing Moments From '30 Rock' In Honor Of Its Final Episode
By Eric Brown | February 1, 2013 1:00 PM EST
Blergh, everyone. “30 Rock” aired its final episode on Thursday night, bringing the show’s seven amazing seasons to an unfortunate (but beautiful) end. And in honor of the beloved show’s final episode, let’s take a look back at some of the greatest moments in our favorite sitcom.
“I Want to Go to There.”
One of “30 Rock’s” greatest strengths is its ability to coin turns of phrase that might sound a little bizarre, but make perfect sense. The greatest of these? “I want to go to there.” This clip is also notable for being Jon Hamm’s first appearance on the show as Liz Lemon’s beautiful (but incredibly dumb) boyfriend, Dr. Drew Baird.
Another amazing Feyism (Is that a word? It should be), night cheese is a pretty self-explanatory concept: cheese that you eat for late-night comfort. And who among us hasn’t taken solace in delicious snacks late at night?
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
Not only was “30 Rock” known for its sharp writing and gut-busting acting, but it featured some amazing musical numbers as well. Perhaps the most memorable was Tracy Jordan’s insane novelty pop song “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.” Bonus: It was written by Donald Glover of “Community” fame back when he was a writer on the show.
Because “30 Rock” was a show about television, it was bound to include some amazing parodies of dumb TV shows, and it certainly delivered on that front. “Bitch Hunter,” “Homonym,” and “America’s Kids Got Singing” were all amazing pieces of parody, but the greatest might just be season 2’s “MILF Island.”
Alec Baldwin Plays Tracy Jordan’s Family
There’s a reason Alec Baldwin won Screen Actors Guild awards for his performance as Jack Donaghy throughout these past seven years. He’s an absolutely amazing comedic actor with impeccable timing. In this clip, Baldwin takes his acting skills to the extreme by playing every member of Tracy Jordan’s family. It’s bizarre, brilliant, and one of the fondest memories from the show.
Jane Krakowski is absolutely inspired as Janna Maroney on “30 Rock,” playing the some nightmare-world combination of a middle school drama queen, a diva, and a washed-up actress. The result is breathtaking, especially when Maroney is singing. Whether it’s the hit song “Muffin Top” (inexplicably featuring Ghostface Killah) or she’s just singing to herself, Krakowski can do no wrong.
Live Every Week Like It’s Shark Week
No “30 Rock” list would be complete without two of Tracy Jordan’s most amazing lines ever. Just watch below.
We’ll miss you, “30 Rock.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air