Samsung Galaxy S4 Set for April Debut: Australia to Get Initial Shipments?
By Erik Pineda | February 1, 2013 1:03 PM EST
In UK, it is expected that the Galaxy S3 replacement will make its commercial debut between April 15 and 22, per report by Geeky Gadget, adding that the new Android handset will be sold initially by a giant UK retailer.
The same report pointed to a source that was a spot on in predicting the launch dates when the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini debuted last year. So this specific call is packed with some heavy credentials plus the fact that Samsung's recent body-language actually points to an April release of the Galaxy S4.
And when this sexy gadget is pushed out internationally by its South Korean maker, it is likely that Australians will have a first taste. According to Phone Arena, a key New Zealand phone retailer is running a contest among its sales people in order to drive up revenues.
The sales competition will end first week of April and the lucky winners will be issued brand new smartphones, courtesy of Samsung. Yes, some Kiwis will own the first deliveries of the Galaxy S4 in this side of the world.
And when Australia's next-door neighbour is getting the hotly-anticipated Samsung toy in advance, the possibility is not too remote that initial batches of S4 deliveries will also reach Aussie port. Yet to date, there is no solid information on when exactly Australians will get to play with the Galaxy S4.
At the moment, the upcoming gizmo has already generated global interests akin to those seen in previous iPhone launches, leaving the impression that the Galaxy S4 has successfully equalled the huge popularity gained by the Apple handset in the past half-decade.
Taking this into consideration, Samsung appears bent on delivering a near-perfect product come the unpacking time, which reports said will happen March 22.
Reports varied but most experts agree that the S4 is a combination of beauty on the outer shell and a beast under the hood. Samsung is expected to improve on the built of its flagship smartphone while keeping the thin and light profile popular with S3 fans.
It will be powered by a quad-core Exynos Octa 5 processor plus a 3GB of RAM with an equally powerful GPU to fire up the Super AMOLED 1080p display rendering on its 4.99-inch screen.
Expected upgrades include a 13MP rear-cam shooter, a 2600mAh battery, stylus function via the S-Pen, wireless charging and Android 4.2 or higher plus significant improvements on Samsung's Nature UX skin.
In designing, manufacturing and marketing the Galaxy S4, Samsung is motivated by its goal to clock at least 10 million sales per month during the initial quarters of the handset's international availability, BGR News said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display