Samsung Galaxy S4 Set for April Debut: Australia to Get Initial Shipments?
By Erik Pineda | February 1, 2013 1:03 PM EST
In UK, it is expected that the Galaxy S3 replacement will make its commercial debut between April 15 and 22, per report by Geeky Gadget, adding that the new Android handset will be sold initially by a giant UK retailer.
The same report pointed to a source that was a spot on in predicting the launch dates when the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini debuted last year. So this specific call is packed with some heavy credentials plus the fact that Samsung's recent body-language actually points to an April release of the Galaxy S4.
And when this sexy gadget is pushed out internationally by its South Korean maker, it is likely that Australians will have a first taste. According to Phone Arena, a key New Zealand phone retailer is running a contest among its sales people in order to drive up revenues.
The sales competition will end first week of April and the lucky winners will be issued brand new smartphones, courtesy of Samsung. Yes, some Kiwis will own the first deliveries of the Galaxy S4 in this side of the world.
And when Australia's next-door neighbour is getting the hotly-anticipated Samsung toy in advance, the possibility is not too remote that initial batches of S4 deliveries will also reach Aussie port. Yet to date, there is no solid information on when exactly Australians will get to play with the Galaxy S4.
At the moment, the upcoming gizmo has already generated global interests akin to those seen in previous iPhone launches, leaving the impression that the Galaxy S4 has successfully equalled the huge popularity gained by the Apple handset in the past half-decade.
Taking this into consideration, Samsung appears bent on delivering a near-perfect product come the unpacking time, which reports said will happen March 22.
Reports varied but most experts agree that the S4 is a combination of beauty on the outer shell and a beast under the hood. Samsung is expected to improve on the built of its flagship smartphone while keeping the thin and light profile popular with S3 fans.
It will be powered by a quad-core Exynos Octa 5 processor plus a 3GB of RAM with an equally powerful GPU to fire up the Super AMOLED 1080p display rendering on its 4.99-inch screen.
Expected upgrades include a 13MP rear-cam shooter, a 2600mAh battery, stylus function via the S-Pen, wireless charging and Android 4.2 or higher plus significant improvements on Samsung's Nature UX skin.
In designing, manufacturing and marketing the Galaxy S4, Samsung is motivated by its goal to clock at least 10 million sales per month during the initial quarters of the handset's international availability, BGR News said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier