Kristin Cavallari Feels Like A ‘Slave?’ Reality-Star Explains Why She Stopped Breastfeeding
By Maria Vultaggio | February 1, 2013 12:12 PM EST
“Laguna Beach” and “The Hills” reality star Kristin Cavallari has had to make a tough parenting decision, and her son Camden is only six months old.
The new mother has chosen to stop breastfeeding her son.
"It's hard," the 26-year-old Cavallari explained to Hollywood Life Tuesday. "It was the hardest part of the whole thing and no one tells you that. I was a slave to pumping."
Instead of feeding her baby boy breast milk, she has been giving him "a goat milk concoction that [fiance] Jay [Cutler] found."
The slim blonde originally revealed to Us Weekly that she credited breastfeeding for her rapid weight loss after her pregnancy.
"I started working out when he was four weeks old," she said at the time. "Breastfeeding honestly burns 500 calories a day, so that's been very helpful. And I'm a healthy eater in general, so I've just maintained a healthy lifestyle."
Though her fiancé is a big NFL star, she doesn’t want her son to follow in his father’s footsteps.
"I will try to steer Cam in a different direction, maybe a sport that isn't so aggressive," she told DNAinfo.com. "Maybe baseball -- something where he doesn't have to get hit."
But she also made sure to add, "At the end of the day, I think if he wants to play football, I don't know if I'm gonna have too much control over it. How can your dad be a football player and you tell them that they can't do it?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists