Your Editor On Twitter
February 1, 2013 12:13 PM EST
By Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, Editor FNArena
I joined Twitter. Not because I am curious what this celebrity has to say about her kids, or to read that another one is waiting for a connecting flight, impatiently. Twitter allows me to follow news and commentary sources such as Dow Jones' Marketwatch, Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal. It assists me in keeping up with what is happening across the globe, while I am observing and analysing financial markets myself.
While I am on Twitter, reading a quote here and a news flash there, I offer my own succinct insights and commentary. Those amongst you who have already discovered the virtues of a Twitter account can add my Tweets to their daily news via @filapek.
For those who have no intention to join Twitter, but would like to stay up to date, below are my Tweets from the week past:
- Goldman Sachs has removed both http://Carsales.com (CRZ) and Kingsgate Consolidated (KCN) from its Emerging Companies Focus List
- Oz Stockbrokers today: Upgrades for Downer EDI, NAB; Downgrades for Aquila, Pharmaxis, Qube, UGL, Southern Cross Media and Toll Holdings
- Alternative view: Citi says increased funds inflows in US #equities are seasonal, not structural. If correct, correction should follow
- Spot Iron Ore - China Import (Fines 62% FE) up $3.10 to US$152.50/dry tonne. ^JR
- My take on the upcoming February reporting season (earnings won't matter that much) http://bit.ly/WggoeY
- Oz Stockbrokers today: Upgrades for Drillsearch Energy, IOOF and Oil Search; downgrades for Evolution Mining and Silver Lake Resources #AUS
- If you think the market is poised for a pullback, here's a list of the most overbought S&P 500 stocks. http://bit.ly/VsZqIw
- GS: S&P500 up 5.42% in Jan, best start of year since 1989, less than 4% below record of 1,565.15 of Oct 2007. DJIA >2% from all-time high
- Continued Fed printing weakens USD and boosts commodity prices overnight. #China spot #Ironore Fe62 up US$1 to US$149.40/tonne
- Australian share market on the precipice of closing higher for ten consecutive sessions. Historically this is a rare event
- Commodity prices overnight boosted by higher growth forecast for #China (8.4%) in 2013. Spot #ironore price unchanged at US$148.40/tonne
- 87.5% of US companies that have issued earnings have issued negative guidance. Highest rate since 08. (King Report) #Ausbiz
- Oz Stockbrokers today: Upgrade to Buy for Goodman Fielder; downgrades for JB Hi-Fi and ResMed; warning on Fleetwood, views divided on Atlas
- Insurers are amongst the weaker stocks today: Suncorp down 3.6%; IAG down 2.4% and QBE down 2.3%. All Ordinaries +29pts or 0.6% ^CJ
- Citi's view on #gold http://read.bi/WtiVSG
- Worries at Davos: a rout in bonds and Japan's QE http://goo.gl/SfZYJ
- Commodity prices mixed, with minor positive bias in overnight sessions. #China Fe62 spot #ironore price down by US20c to US$148.40 a tonne
- S&P500 now has the highest number of stocks above the long term moving average since I began recording. 89% with 63% overbought currently
You can add my regular Tweets on Twitter via @filapek
Find out why FNArena subscribers like the service so much: "Your Feedback (Thank You)" - Warning this story contains unashamedly positive feedback on the service provided.
FN Arena is building the future of financial news reporting at www.fnarena.com . Our daily news reports can be trialed at no cost and with no obligations. Simply sign up and get a feel for what we are trying to achieve.
Subscribers and trialists should read our terms and conditions, available on the website.
All material published by FN Arena is the copyright of the publisher, unless otherwise stated. Reproduction in whole or in part is not permitted without written permission of the publisher.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday July 23, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report –Midday July 22, 2014
- Major European & U.S. Airlines Cancel Flights to Israel after Rocket Attack on Tel Aviv Airport
- Alibaba Okays Yahoo Request to Sell 140 Million Shares Via IPO, 68 Million to Be Sold to Shareholders
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon July 23, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales