Your Editor On Twitter
February 1, 2013 12:13 PM EST
By Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, Editor FNArena
I joined Twitter. Not because I am curious what this celebrity has to say about her kids, or to read that another one is waiting for a connecting flight, impatiently. Twitter allows me to follow news and commentary sources such as Dow Jones' Marketwatch, Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal. It assists me in keeping up with what is happening across the globe, while I am observing and analysing financial markets myself.
While I am on Twitter, reading a quote here and a news flash there, I offer my own succinct insights and commentary. Those amongst you who have already discovered the virtues of a Twitter account can add my Tweets to their daily news via @filapek.
For those who have no intention to join Twitter, but would like to stay up to date, below are my Tweets from the week past:
- Goldman Sachs has removed both http://Carsales.com (CRZ) and Kingsgate Consolidated (KCN) from its Emerging Companies Focus List
- Oz Stockbrokers today: Upgrades for Downer EDI, NAB; Downgrades for Aquila, Pharmaxis, Qube, UGL, Southern Cross Media and Toll Holdings
- Alternative view: Citi says increased funds inflows in US #equities are seasonal, not structural. If correct, correction should follow
- Spot Iron Ore - China Import (Fines 62% FE) up $3.10 to US$152.50/dry tonne. ^JR
- My take on the upcoming February reporting season (earnings won't matter that much) http://bit.ly/WggoeY
- Oz Stockbrokers today: Upgrades for Drillsearch Energy, IOOF and Oil Search; downgrades for Evolution Mining and Silver Lake Resources #AUS
- If you think the market is poised for a pullback, here's a list of the most overbought S&P 500 stocks. http://bit.ly/VsZqIw
- GS: S&P500 up 5.42% in Jan, best start of year since 1989, less than 4% below record of 1,565.15 of Oct 2007. DJIA >2% from all-time high
- Continued Fed printing weakens USD and boosts commodity prices overnight. #China spot #Ironore Fe62 up US$1 to US$149.40/tonne
- Australian share market on the precipice of closing higher for ten consecutive sessions. Historically this is a rare event
- Commodity prices overnight boosted by higher growth forecast for #China (8.4%) in 2013. Spot #ironore price unchanged at US$148.40/tonne
- 87.5% of US companies that have issued earnings have issued negative guidance. Highest rate since 08. (King Report) #Ausbiz
- Oz Stockbrokers today: Upgrade to Buy for Goodman Fielder; downgrades for JB Hi-Fi and ResMed; warning on Fleetwood, views divided on Atlas
- Insurers are amongst the weaker stocks today: Suncorp down 3.6%; IAG down 2.4% and QBE down 2.3%. All Ordinaries +29pts or 0.6% ^CJ
- Citi's view on #gold http://read.bi/WtiVSG
- Worries at Davos: a rout in bonds and Japan's QE http://goo.gl/SfZYJ
- Commodity prices mixed, with minor positive bias in overnight sessions. #China Fe62 spot #ironore price down by US20c to US$148.40 a tonne
- S&P500 now has the highest number of stocks above the long term moving average since I began recording. 89% with 63% overbought currently
You can add my regular Tweets on Twitter via @filapek
Find out why FNArena subscribers like the service so much: "Your Feedback (Thank You)" - Warning this story contains unashamedly positive feedback on the service provided.
FN Arena is building the future of financial news reporting at www.fnarena.com . Our daily news reports can be trialed at no cost and with no obligations. Simply sign up and get a feel for what we are trying to achieve.
Subscribers and trialists should read our terms and conditions, available on the website.
All material published by FN Arena is the copyright of the publisher, unless otherwise stated. Reproduction in whole or in part is not permitted without written permission of the publisher.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday August 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday August 29, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 29, 2014
- Analyst: Slowdown in Home Prices is Good, the Final Stage to Economic Recovery
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps