VIRAL: ‘Pep Talk from Kid President,’ Must-watch clip gets 5.5 Million Views [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | February 1, 2013 11:09 AM EST
The Kid President says "the darndest things," but he does drive his point home. The 9-year-old YouTube celebrity Robby Novak was on CNN recently to discuss his latest video clip, 'A Pep Talk from Kid President to You."
Pep Talk from Kid President: 'Are we on the same team?'
"We all need a little encouragement every now and then," writes YouTube user soulpancake in the video description for the 'Pep Talk.' Brad Montague, the man behind the Kid President and soulpancake, tried to motivate people using his own brand of positivity and humour. It seems to have worked because the clip drew 5.5 million views in a week's time.
"The world needs you to stop being boring," starts the Kid President. "If life is a game, are we on the same team?" Robby asks. Enunciation is not the kids's strong suit, but it sure is part of what makes him endearing. That, and his nuances -- he seems to completely understand what he's talking about. He is a kid talking about "adult stuff" and he does sound like he makes sense. He makes references to Robert Frost's poem, one of Journey's most popular songs, and one of his favorite movies, "Space Jam."
"The Pep Talk video was dedicated to 2 year old Gabbi who is fighting cancer (like a boss)," writes Montague on the YouTube channel's Tumblr page. The famous kid is also has a Facebook page and a Twitter account, which he used to bond with bigger inspirational celebrity, Josh Groban.
"Take a moment and spread some encouragement. 'It's everybody's duty to give the world a reason to dance.'" Scroll down to watch the video and listen to the Kid President talk about some "matters of great importance."
VIDEO: A Pep Talk from Kid President to You
"Inspiration is inspiration, whether it be a silly youtube video, a talk from a friend, family member, an event that warps the being of who you are, or even a critical youtube comment. Inspiration is just another way to define motivation, which lies deep within all of us, and some of us just need a reason to unleash it," writes user DardarMcSardar on the comments section.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]