VIRAL: ‘Pep Talk from Kid President,’ Must-watch clip gets 5.5 Million Views [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | February 1, 2013 11:09 AM EST
The Kid President says "the darndest things," but he does drive his point home. The 9-year-old YouTube celebrity Robby Novak was on CNN recently to discuss his latest video clip, 'A Pep Talk from Kid President to You."
Pep Talk from Kid President: 'Are we on the same team?'
"We all need a little encouragement every now and then," writes YouTube user soulpancake in the video description for the 'Pep Talk.' Brad Montague, the man behind the Kid President and soulpancake, tried to motivate people using his own brand of positivity and humour. It seems to have worked because the clip drew 5.5 million views in a week's time.
"The world needs you to stop being boring," starts the Kid President. "If life is a game, are we on the same team?" Robby asks. Enunciation is not the kids's strong suit, but it sure is part of what makes him endearing. That, and his nuances -- he seems to completely understand what he's talking about. He is a kid talking about "adult stuff" and he does sound like he makes sense. He makes references to Robert Frost's poem, one of Journey's most popular songs, and one of his favorite movies, "Space Jam."
"The Pep Talk video was dedicated to 2 year old Gabbi who is fighting cancer (like a boss)," writes Montague on the YouTube channel's Tumblr page. The famous kid is also has a Facebook page and a Twitter account, which he used to bond with bigger inspirational celebrity, Josh Groban.
"Take a moment and spread some encouragement. 'It's everybody's duty to give the world a reason to dance.'" Scroll down to watch the video and listen to the Kid President talk about some "matters of great importance."
VIDEO: A Pep Talk from Kid President to You
"Inspiration is inspiration, whether it be a silly youtube video, a talk from a friend, family member, an event that warps the being of who you are, or even a critical youtube comment. Inspiration is just another way to define motivation, which lies deep within all of us, and some of us just need a reason to unleash it," writes user DardarMcSardar on the comments section.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports