Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumors: Release Date Set on April; Pixel Density to Surpass iPhone 6
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 1, 2013 10:58 AM EST
Recent reports suggest that Samsung's upcoming smart phone, Galaxy S4, is scheduled for a release on April 2013. The release date claims were based on a contest of 2Degrees, a New Zealand mobile retailer, where winners will receive the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Information web site PhoneArena posted photo documents about the 2Degrees contest for employees. The raffle will reportedly run from February 4 to April 8 which led to the conclusion on the Samsung Galaxy S4 release date.
In other release date reports, Geeky Gadgets claim that Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United Kingdom is between April 15 -22 while YouMobile.org confirmed the smart phone will not appear on a scheduled event next month in Barcelona, Spain.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United States has not yet been confirmed. The only expectation on the Galaxy S4 is the smart phone's availability on Verizon, Sprint and T-mobile that will closely happen with its official US release.
Meanwhile, Samsung is reportedly creating a different pixel density through hexagonal and diamond shapes on the Galaxy S4 display in order to surpass other competitors like Apple, Sony and HTC as well as achieving their goal. The company aims to sell 10 million units of Galaxy S4 per month with the enhanced smart phone display.
Such advanced magnification on pixel display is made possible with the laser-induced thermal imaging. The technology will permit a place for sub-pixels which is comparatively low-priced to use.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is reported to feature a 4.99-inch display with a 13MP camera and a 2600mAh battery with support wireless charging kit. The Galaxy S4 will include as well the S-Pen support, improved Nature UX software skin a top of the Android 4.2 and the Exynos Octa 5 processor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence