Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumors: Release Date Set on April; Pixel Density to Surpass iPhone 6
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 1, 2013 10:58 AM EST
Recent reports suggest that Samsung's upcoming smart phone, Galaxy S4, is scheduled for a release on April 2013. The release date claims were based on a contest of 2Degrees, a New Zealand mobile retailer, where winners will receive the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Information web site PhoneArena posted photo documents about the 2Degrees contest for employees. The raffle will reportedly run from February 4 to April 8 which led to the conclusion on the Samsung Galaxy S4 release date.
In other release date reports, Geeky Gadgets claim that Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United Kingdom is between April 15 -22 while YouMobile.org confirmed the smart phone will not appear on a scheduled event next month in Barcelona, Spain.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United States has not yet been confirmed. The only expectation on the Galaxy S4 is the smart phone's availability on Verizon, Sprint and T-mobile that will closely happen with its official US release.
Meanwhile, Samsung is reportedly creating a different pixel density through hexagonal and diamond shapes on the Galaxy S4 display in order to surpass other competitors like Apple, Sony and HTC as well as achieving their goal. The company aims to sell 10 million units of Galaxy S4 per month with the enhanced smart phone display.
Such advanced magnification on pixel display is made possible with the laser-induced thermal imaging. The technology will permit a place for sub-pixels which is comparatively low-priced to use.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is reported to feature a 4.99-inch display with a 13MP camera and a 2600mAh battery with support wireless charging kit. The Galaxy S4 will include as well the S-Pen support, improved Nature UX software skin a top of the Android 4.2 and the Exynos Octa 5 processor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports