Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumors: Release Date Set on April; Pixel Density to Surpass iPhone 6
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 1, 2013 10:58 AM EST
Recent reports suggest that Samsung's upcoming smart phone, Galaxy S4, is scheduled for a release on April 2013. The release date claims were based on a contest of 2Degrees, a New Zealand mobile retailer, where winners will receive the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Information web site PhoneArena posted photo documents about the 2Degrees contest for employees. The raffle will reportedly run from February 4 to April 8 which led to the conclusion on the Samsung Galaxy S4 release date.
In other release date reports, Geeky Gadgets claim that Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United Kingdom is between April 15 -22 while YouMobile.org confirmed the smart phone will not appear on a scheduled event next month in Barcelona, Spain.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United States has not yet been confirmed. The only expectation on the Galaxy S4 is the smart phone's availability on Verizon, Sprint and T-mobile that will closely happen with its official US release.
Meanwhile, Samsung is reportedly creating a different pixel density through hexagonal and diamond shapes on the Galaxy S4 display in order to surpass other competitors like Apple, Sony and HTC as well as achieving their goal. The company aims to sell 10 million units of Galaxy S4 per month with the enhanced smart phone display.
Such advanced magnification on pixel display is made possible with the laser-induced thermal imaging. The technology will permit a place for sub-pixels which is comparatively low-priced to use.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is reported to feature a 4.99-inch display with a 13MP camera and a 2600mAh battery with support wireless charging kit. The Galaxy S4 will include as well the S-Pen support, improved Nature UX software skin a top of the Android 4.2 and the Exynos Octa 5 processor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown