Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumors: Release Date Set on April; Pixel Density to Surpass iPhone 6
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 1, 2013 10:58 AM EST
Recent reports suggest that Samsung's upcoming smart phone, Galaxy S4, is scheduled for a release on April 2013. The release date claims were based on a contest of 2Degrees, a New Zealand mobile retailer, where winners will receive the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Information web site PhoneArena posted photo documents about the 2Degrees contest for employees. The raffle will reportedly run from February 4 to April 8 which led to the conclusion on the Samsung Galaxy S4 release date.
In other release date reports, Geeky Gadgets claim that Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United Kingdom is between April 15 -22 while YouMobile.org confirmed the smart phone will not appear on a scheduled event next month in Barcelona, Spain.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date in the United States has not yet been confirmed. The only expectation on the Galaxy S4 is the smart phone's availability on Verizon, Sprint and T-mobile that will closely happen with its official US release.
Meanwhile, Samsung is reportedly creating a different pixel density through hexagonal and diamond shapes on the Galaxy S4 display in order to surpass other competitors like Apple, Sony and HTC as well as achieving their goal. The company aims to sell 10 million units of Galaxy S4 per month with the enhanced smart phone display.
Such advanced magnification on pixel display is made possible with the laser-induced thermal imaging. The technology will permit a place for sub-pixels which is comparatively low-priced to use.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is reported to feature a 4.99-inch display with a 13MP camera and a 2600mAh battery with support wireless charging kit. The Galaxy S4 will include as well the S-Pen support, improved Nature UX software skin a top of the Android 4.2 and the Exynos Octa 5 processor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report