Bout for iPhone: Funniest, Weirdest, "Awesomest” Photo Game App
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 10:09 AM EST
A new social photo-taking game app launched by CollegeHumor has been launched for iPhone and it's called Bout. The photo-taking app challenges players to compete with each other by submitting images that answer funny prompts.
The in-game rule is simply this: a player will choose a prompt such as "Something Contagious" or "You'd be surprised I own" then friends must respond by taking or search for photo. After all the five entries are sent, the original player decides the winner awarding that player in-game points.
Ricky Van, co-founder of CollegeHumor, said, "Usually we have the set-up and the punchline. In this, we're just giving the set-up, and letting other people provide the punchlines. There's nothing people like more than to let other people know how funny they are. If we set it up and have someone else spike it, that's a win."
Unlike traditional board games available, Bout may appeal to those users who are more daring and interested in surprising challenges. The current downside of the game is a user cannot engage in any battle with a stranger, and a game cannot start until there are five friends playing; this means you will have to wait or ask more friends to download it. At least, the app is safe against intrusion from people who do not know how to play the game.
Bout is already set up for sharing little summaries of completed games on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Overall, the game has two ways to play: the picture challenge for friends to compete in, and the direct social feed to social networking sites.
Bout is available for iOS 6 and it's free for download. The game is a joined development of Collegehumor and Awkward Hug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family