Bout for iPhone: Funniest, Weirdest, "Awesomest” Photo Game App
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 10:09 AM EST
A new social photo-taking game app launched by CollegeHumor has been launched for iPhone and it's called Bout. The photo-taking app challenges players to compete with each other by submitting images that answer funny prompts.
The in-game rule is simply this: a player will choose a prompt such as "Something Contagious" or "You'd be surprised I own" then friends must respond by taking or search for photo. After all the five entries are sent, the original player decides the winner awarding that player in-game points.
Ricky Van, co-founder of CollegeHumor, said, "Usually we have the set-up and the punchline. In this, we're just giving the set-up, and letting other people provide the punchlines. There's nothing people like more than to let other people know how funny they are. If we set it up and have someone else spike it, that's a win."
Unlike traditional board games available, Bout may appeal to those users who are more daring and interested in surprising challenges. The current downside of the game is a user cannot engage in any battle with a stranger, and a game cannot start until there are five friends playing; this means you will have to wait or ask more friends to download it. At least, the app is safe against intrusion from people who do not know how to play the game.
Bout is already set up for sharing little summaries of completed games on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Overall, the game has two ways to play: the picture challenge for friends to compete in, and the direct social feed to social networking sites.
Bout is available for iOS 6 and it's free for download. The game is a joined development of Collegehumor and Awkward Hug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up