Bout for iPhone: Funniest, Weirdest, "Awesomest” Photo Game App
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 10:09 AM EST
A new social photo-taking game app launched by CollegeHumor has been launched for iPhone and it's called Bout. The photo-taking app challenges players to compete with each other by submitting images that answer funny prompts.
The in-game rule is simply this: a player will choose a prompt such as "Something Contagious" or "You'd be surprised I own" then friends must respond by taking or search for photo. After all the five entries are sent, the original player decides the winner awarding that player in-game points.
Ricky Van, co-founder of CollegeHumor, said, "Usually we have the set-up and the punchline. In this, we're just giving the set-up, and letting other people provide the punchlines. There's nothing people like more than to let other people know how funny they are. If we set it up and have someone else spike it, that's a win."
Unlike traditional board games available, Bout may appeal to those users who are more daring and interested in surprising challenges. The current downside of the game is a user cannot engage in any battle with a stranger, and a game cannot start until there are five friends playing; this means you will have to wait or ask more friends to download it. At least, the app is safe against intrusion from people who do not know how to play the game.
Bout is already set up for sharing little summaries of completed games on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Overall, the game has two ways to play: the picture challenge for friends to compete in, and the direct social feed to social networking sites.
Bout is available for iOS 6 and it's free for download. The game is a joined development of Collegehumor and Awkward Hug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues