Bout for iPhone: Funniest, Weirdest, "Awesomest” Photo Game App
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 10:09 AM EST
A new social photo-taking game app launched by CollegeHumor has been launched for iPhone and it's called Bout. The photo-taking app challenges players to compete with each other by submitting images that answer funny prompts.
The in-game rule is simply this: a player will choose a prompt such as "Something Contagious" or "You'd be surprised I own" then friends must respond by taking or search for photo. After all the five entries are sent, the original player decides the winner awarding that player in-game points.
Ricky Van, co-founder of CollegeHumor, said, "Usually we have the set-up and the punchline. In this, we're just giving the set-up, and letting other people provide the punchlines. There's nothing people like more than to let other people know how funny they are. If we set it up and have someone else spike it, that's a win."
Unlike traditional board games available, Bout may appeal to those users who are more daring and interested in surprising challenges. The current downside of the game is a user cannot engage in any battle with a stranger, and a game cannot start until there are five friends playing; this means you will have to wait or ask more friends to download it. At least, the app is safe against intrusion from people who do not know how to play the game.
Bout is already set up for sharing little summaries of completed games on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Overall, the game has two ways to play: the picture challenge for friends to compete in, and the direct social feed to social networking sites.
Bout is available for iOS 6 and it's free for download. The game is a joined development of Collegehumor and Awkward Hug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown