Bout for iPhone: Funniest, Weirdest, "Awesomest” Photo Game App
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 10:09 AM EST
A new social photo-taking game app launched by CollegeHumor has been launched for iPhone and it's called Bout. The photo-taking app challenges players to compete with each other by submitting images that answer funny prompts.
The in-game rule is simply this: a player will choose a prompt such as "Something Contagious" or "You'd be surprised I own" then friends must respond by taking or search for photo. After all the five entries are sent, the original player decides the winner awarding that player in-game points.
Ricky Van, co-founder of CollegeHumor, said, "Usually we have the set-up and the punchline. In this, we're just giving the set-up, and letting other people provide the punchlines. There's nothing people like more than to let other people know how funny they are. If we set it up and have someone else spike it, that's a win."
Unlike traditional board games available, Bout may appeal to those users who are more daring and interested in surprising challenges. The current downside of the game is a user cannot engage in any battle with a stranger, and a game cannot start until there are five friends playing; this means you will have to wait or ask more friends to download it. At least, the app is safe against intrusion from people who do not know how to play the game.
Bout is already set up for sharing little summaries of completed games on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Overall, the game has two ways to play: the picture challenge for friends to compete in, and the direct social feed to social networking sites.
Bout is available for iOS 6 and it's free for download. The game is a joined development of Collegehumor and Awkward Hug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal