Temple Run 2 Beats Angry Birds; 50 Million Downloads in 13 Days
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 9:43 AM EST
Escaping from the temple ruins and dungeons while dodging traps beats out the powers of super-powered birds. Imangi Studios made history with Temple Runs2 as it became the fastest growing mobile game, displacing Rovio's pet app. Temple Run 2 soared with 50 million downloads in just 13 days from its release.
This means that Rovio's Angry Birds record of 50 million downloads in 35 days is broken. Due to the overall improvement and new tricks inside the Temple Run 2 game, more and more users are embracing this history-making mobile entertainment.
Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi Studios stated, "The game has performed beyond our wildest dreams, and we are thrilled that gamers and fans have embraced Temple Run 2 in such a short period of time."
No exact number for each Android and iOS platform regarding how many users have downloaded it, but in Google Play it is between 10 million to 50 million download hits while in the App Store, Temple Run 2 has over 170 million downloads according to the description.
Within 13 days, Temple Run 2 took away Angry Birds hold over the throne and each day, the game gathered 3.84 million more until it reaches the record. Over 100,000 users gave their rating in Google Play with an average of 4.5 stars and more than 96,000 among these users rated it 5 stars. Although 6,980 other users gave it just a single star.
In the App Store, it has received more than 6 million likes via Facebook and listed Top In-App Purchases with the "5 Gem Pack" for $0.99 at the top spot, followed by "50 Gem Pack" for $4.99, and "5,000 Coin Pack" for $0.99 in number 3.
Temple Run 2 is free to download from both App Store and Google Play with some items required to be purchased inside the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports