Temple Run 2 Beats Angry Birds; 50 Million Downloads in 13 Days
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 9:43 AM EST
Escaping from the temple ruins and dungeons while dodging traps beats out the powers of super-powered birds. Imangi Studios made history with Temple Runs2 as it became the fastest growing mobile game, displacing Rovio's pet app. Temple Run 2 soared with 50 million downloads in just 13 days from its release.
This means that Rovio's Angry Birds record of 50 million downloads in 35 days is broken. Due to the overall improvement and new tricks inside the Temple Run 2 game, more and more users are embracing this history-making mobile entertainment.
Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi Studios stated, "The game has performed beyond our wildest dreams, and we are thrilled that gamers and fans have embraced Temple Run 2 in such a short period of time."
No exact number for each Android and iOS platform regarding how many users have downloaded it, but in Google Play it is between 10 million to 50 million download hits while in the App Store, Temple Run 2 has over 170 million downloads according to the description.
Within 13 days, Temple Run 2 took away Angry Birds hold over the throne and each day, the game gathered 3.84 million more until it reaches the record. Over 100,000 users gave their rating in Google Play with an average of 4.5 stars and more than 96,000 among these users rated it 5 stars. Although 6,980 other users gave it just a single star.
In the App Store, it has received more than 6 million likes via Facebook and listed Top In-App Purchases with the "5 Gem Pack" for $0.99 at the top spot, followed by "50 Gem Pack" for $4.99, and "5,000 Coin Pack" for $0.99 in number 3.
Temple Run 2 is free to download from both App Store and Google Play with some items required to be purchased inside the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown