Temple Run 2 Beats Angry Birds; 50 Million Downloads in 13 Days
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 9:43 AM EST
Escaping from the temple ruins and dungeons while dodging traps beats out the powers of super-powered birds. Imangi Studios made history with Temple Runs2 as it became the fastest growing mobile game, displacing Rovio's pet app. Temple Run 2 soared with 50 million downloads in just 13 days from its release.
This means that Rovio's Angry Birds record of 50 million downloads in 35 days is broken. Due to the overall improvement and new tricks inside the Temple Run 2 game, more and more users are embracing this history-making mobile entertainment.
Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi Studios stated, "The game has performed beyond our wildest dreams, and we are thrilled that gamers and fans have embraced Temple Run 2 in such a short period of time."
No exact number for each Android and iOS platform regarding how many users have downloaded it, but in Google Play it is between 10 million to 50 million download hits while in the App Store, Temple Run 2 has over 170 million downloads according to the description.
Within 13 days, Temple Run 2 took away Angry Birds hold over the throne and each day, the game gathered 3.84 million more until it reaches the record. Over 100,000 users gave their rating in Google Play with an average of 4.5 stars and more than 96,000 among these users rated it 5 stars. Although 6,980 other users gave it just a single star.
In the App Store, it has received more than 6 million likes via Facebook and listed Top In-App Purchases with the "5 Gem Pack" for $0.99 at the top spot, followed by "50 Gem Pack" for $4.99, and "5,000 Coin Pack" for $0.99 in number 3.
Temple Run 2 is free to download from both App Store and Google Play with some items required to be purchased inside the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Who's The Boss: Tech World's Top 10 CEO's Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar