Temple Run 2 Beats Angry Birds; 50 Million Downloads in 13 Days
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 9:43 AM EST
Escaping from the temple ruins and dungeons while dodging traps beats out the powers of super-powered birds. Imangi Studios made history with Temple Runs2 as it became the fastest growing mobile game, displacing Rovio's pet app. Temple Run 2 soared with 50 million downloads in just 13 days from its release.
This means that Rovio's Angry Birds record of 50 million downloads in 35 days is broken. Due to the overall improvement and new tricks inside the Temple Run 2 game, more and more users are embracing this history-making mobile entertainment.
Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi Studios stated, "The game has performed beyond our wildest dreams, and we are thrilled that gamers and fans have embraced Temple Run 2 in such a short period of time."
No exact number for each Android and iOS platform regarding how many users have downloaded it, but in Google Play it is between 10 million to 50 million download hits while in the App Store, Temple Run 2 has over 170 million downloads according to the description.
Within 13 days, Temple Run 2 took away Angry Birds hold over the throne and each day, the game gathered 3.84 million more until it reaches the record. Over 100,000 users gave their rating in Google Play with an average of 4.5 stars and more than 96,000 among these users rated it 5 stars. Although 6,980 other users gave it just a single star.
In the App Store, it has received more than 6 million likes via Facebook and listed Top In-App Purchases with the "5 Gem Pack" for $0.99 at the top spot, followed by "50 Gem Pack" for $4.99, and "5,000 Coin Pack" for $0.99 in number 3.
Temple Run 2 is free to download from both App Store and Google Play with some items required to be purchased inside the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists