Temple Run 2 Beats Angry Birds; 50 Million Downloads in 13 Days
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 9:43 AM EST
Escaping from the temple ruins and dungeons while dodging traps beats out the powers of super-powered birds. Imangi Studios made history with Temple Runs2 as it became the fastest growing mobile game, displacing Rovio's pet app. Temple Run 2 soared with 50 million downloads in just 13 days from its release.
This means that Rovio's Angry Birds record of 50 million downloads in 35 days is broken. Due to the overall improvement and new tricks inside the Temple Run 2 game, more and more users are embracing this history-making mobile entertainment.
Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi Studios stated, "The game has performed beyond our wildest dreams, and we are thrilled that gamers and fans have embraced Temple Run 2 in such a short period of time."
No exact number for each Android and iOS platform regarding how many users have downloaded it, but in Google Play it is between 10 million to 50 million download hits while in the App Store, Temple Run 2 has over 170 million downloads according to the description.
Within 13 days, Temple Run 2 took away Angry Birds hold over the throne and each day, the game gathered 3.84 million more until it reaches the record. Over 100,000 users gave their rating in Google Play with an average of 4.5 stars and more than 96,000 among these users rated it 5 stars. Although 6,980 other users gave it just a single star.
In the App Store, it has received more than 6 million likes via Facebook and listed Top In-App Purchases with the "5 Gem Pack" for $0.99 at the top spot, followed by "50 Gem Pack" for $4.99, and "5,000 Coin Pack" for $0.99 in number 3.
Temple Run 2 is free to download from both App Store and Google Play with some items required to be purchased inside the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand