Blackberry Z10 versus iPhone 5: Specs Comparison
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 9:32 AM EST
The debut of Blackberry 10 and its carrier unit Blackberry Z10 delivered new features, new improvements, and overall changes from its previous generation. Blackberry specialises in maximum security and is mainly used for corporate functions due to its great email features, business tools, and scheduling. iPhone 5 delivers not only the latest technology when it comes to hardware but also fluid and smooth performance for its user.
iPhone 5 was released in September 2012 and Blackberry has only been out for a few days, carrying new technology with it. Here is a quick comparison and review of the latest devices from Apple and RIM.
Blackberry Z10 sports 4.2-inches of screen display with 768x1280 resolution and multi-touch function as well. The iPhone 5 bears 4.0 inches of screen display with 640x1136 resolution. The Z10 has a capacitive touchscreen while iPhone 5 shows off with LED-backlit IPS LCD touchscreen and is shielded by Corning Gorilla and Oleophobic coating to protect against scratches and smudges.
Going for power and performance, the devices run different OS platform featuring latest enhancements. Blackberry Z10 is powered by 1.5GHz of dual-core processor which overpowers a little bit of the iPhone 5's dual-core processors at 1.2GHz clock. The graphics is subjective for Z10 uses Adreno 225 and iPhone 5 boasts the PowerVR SGX 543MP3 with triple-core graphics support.
For memory and storage, Blackberry Z10 has 2GB of virtual memory to prevent lags and carry out tasks more while iPhone 5 has 1GB to its system. Z10 supports 16GB internal storage and the user can purchase the device with a microSD card of up to 64GB for more space. iPhone 5 is limited to an internal of 16, 32, and 64GB variant.
Camera is valuable for smartphones, and both these devices have 8MP built-in rear shooter. Both devices support a front-camera lens, 2.0MP for Z10 and 1.2MP for iPhone 5. iPhone 5 can perform simultaneous HD video and image recording with HDR feature and LED video light support. Z10 has the usual stuff such as autofocus, LED flash, and image stabilisation.
And finally, the battery life - an everyday issue to any user. Blackberry Z10 has a battery with 1,800 mAh that lasts up to 312 hours in standby mode and up to 10 hours of talk time, both under normal circumstances. iPhone 5 has a non-removable battery with 1440 mAh lasting for up 225 hours in standby and up to 8 hours of talk time under normal circumstances as well.
For price tags, Blackberry Z10 starts at $139.99 while the iPhone 5 starts at $199.99.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS