Blackberry Z10 versus iPhone 5: Specs Comparison
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 1, 2013 9:32 AM EST
The debut of Blackberry 10 and its carrier unit Blackberry Z10 delivered new features, new improvements, and overall changes from its previous generation. Blackberry specialises in maximum security and is mainly used for corporate functions due to its great email features, business tools, and scheduling. iPhone 5 delivers not only the latest technology when it comes to hardware but also fluid and smooth performance for its user.
iPhone 5 was released in September 2012 and Blackberry has only been out for a few days, carrying new technology with it. Here is a quick comparison and review of the latest devices from Apple and RIM.
Blackberry Z10 sports 4.2-inches of screen display with 768x1280 resolution and multi-touch function as well. The iPhone 5 bears 4.0 inches of screen display with 640x1136 resolution. The Z10 has a capacitive touchscreen while iPhone 5 shows off with LED-backlit IPS LCD touchscreen and is shielded by Corning Gorilla and Oleophobic coating to protect against scratches and smudges.
Going for power and performance, the devices run different OS platform featuring latest enhancements. Blackberry Z10 is powered by 1.5GHz of dual-core processor which overpowers a little bit of the iPhone 5's dual-core processors at 1.2GHz clock. The graphics is subjective for Z10 uses Adreno 225 and iPhone 5 boasts the PowerVR SGX 543MP3 with triple-core graphics support.
For memory and storage, Blackberry Z10 has 2GB of virtual memory to prevent lags and carry out tasks more while iPhone 5 has 1GB to its system. Z10 supports 16GB internal storage and the user can purchase the device with a microSD card of up to 64GB for more space. iPhone 5 is limited to an internal of 16, 32, and 64GB variant.
Camera is valuable for smartphones, and both these devices have 8MP built-in rear shooter. Both devices support a front-camera lens, 2.0MP for Z10 and 1.2MP for iPhone 5. iPhone 5 can perform simultaneous HD video and image recording with HDR feature and LED video light support. Z10 has the usual stuff such as autofocus, LED flash, and image stabilisation.
And finally, the battery life - an everyday issue to any user. Blackberry Z10 has a battery with 1,800 mAh that lasts up to 312 hours in standby mode and up to 10 hours of talk time, both under normal circumstances. iPhone 5 has a non-removable battery with 1440 mAh lasting for up 225 hours in standby and up to 8 hours of talk time under normal circumstances as well.
For price tags, Blackberry Z10 starts at $139.99 while the iPhone 5 starts at $199.99.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes