Donald Trump-Mac Miller Twitter Feud: The Donald Threatens To Sue Rapper Over 'Donald Trump' Track
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 9:19 AM EST
Donald Trump lashed out at Mac Miller Thursday over the rapper’s song, “Donald Trump,” threatening to sue the entertainer for “illegally” using his name.
Even though the “Donald Trump” YouTube video was posted in 2011, for some reason Trump decided to enter into a Twitter war with Miller on Thursday, repeatedly calling the rapper “little” in a series of tweets.
“Little @MacMiller, you illegally used my name for your song ‘Donald Trump’ which now has over 75 million hits,” Trump wrote. “Little @MacMiller, I want the money not the plaque you gave me! Little @MacMiller, I’m now going to teach you a big boy lesson about lawsuits and finance. You ungrateful dog!”
“The Apprentice” host also posted a 2012 video from Miller. Trump said the rapper “was kissing my a--!” in the video.
Ironically, Trump says in the video that he was “proud” of “Donald Trump” when the clip reached 20 million YouTube views.
But Trump has since changed his tune, threatening to sue Miller. The billionaire even dissed the 21-year-old rapper’s hairline.
“Little @MacMiller—I have more hair than you do and there’s a slight age difference,” wrote Trump, 66.
Miller has yet to respond to Trump’s tweets.
The rapper released a mixtape containing the “Donald Trump” song. Lyrics include, “Take over the world when I'm on my Donald Trump s---. Look at all this money, ain't that some s---?”
In the 2011 video, Miller, who is white, knocks Trump over the tycoon’s ignorance of hip-hop after he was asked if Trump reached out to him after the clip was posted.
“I thought it was ridiculous how people got so worked up over him being like, ‘You’re the new Eminem.’ Like, what do you expect him to say?” Miller said. “It’s Donald Trump. He’s not going to be like, ‘I was listening to this Mac Miller kid and he seems influenced by A Tribe Called Quest. He seems like he listened to a lot of Big L growing up and that he’s really Golden Era hip-hop. All he meant was I’m a white rapper and I’m blowing up.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions