Donald Trump-Mac Miller Twitter Feud: The Donald Threatens To Sue Rapper Over 'Donald Trump' Track
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 9:19 AM EST
Donald Trump lashed out at Mac Miller Thursday over the rapper’s song, “Donald Trump,” threatening to sue the entertainer for “illegally” using his name.
Even though the “Donald Trump” YouTube video was posted in 2011, for some reason Trump decided to enter into a Twitter war with Miller on Thursday, repeatedly calling the rapper “little” in a series of tweets.
“Little @MacMiller, you illegally used my name for your song ‘Donald Trump’ which now has over 75 million hits,” Trump wrote. “Little @MacMiller, I want the money not the plaque you gave me! Little @MacMiller, I’m now going to teach you a big boy lesson about lawsuits and finance. You ungrateful dog!”
“The Apprentice” host also posted a 2012 video from Miller. Trump said the rapper “was kissing my a--!” in the video.
Ironically, Trump says in the video that he was “proud” of “Donald Trump” when the clip reached 20 million YouTube views.
But Trump has since changed his tune, threatening to sue Miller. The billionaire even dissed the 21-year-old rapper’s hairline.
“Little @MacMiller—I have more hair than you do and there’s a slight age difference,” wrote Trump, 66.
Miller has yet to respond to Trump’s tweets.
The rapper released a mixtape containing the “Donald Trump” song. Lyrics include, “Take over the world when I'm on my Donald Trump s---. Look at all this money, ain't that some s---?”
In the 2011 video, Miller, who is white, knocks Trump over the tycoon’s ignorance of hip-hop after he was asked if Trump reached out to him after the clip was posted.
“I thought it was ridiculous how people got so worked up over him being like, ‘You’re the new Eminem.’ Like, what do you expect him to say?” Miller said. “It’s Donald Trump. He’s not going to be like, ‘I was listening to this Mac Miller kid and he seems influenced by A Tribe Called Quest. He seems like he listened to a lot of Big L growing up and that he’s really Golden Era hip-hop. All he meant was I’m a white rapper and I’m blowing up.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists