Donald Trump-Mac Miller Twitter Feud: The Donald Threatens To Sue Rapper Over 'Donald Trump' Track
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 9:19 AM EST
Donald Trump lashed out at Mac Miller Thursday over the rapper’s song, “Donald Trump,” threatening to sue the entertainer for “illegally” using his name.
Even though the “Donald Trump” YouTube video was posted in 2011, for some reason Trump decided to enter into a Twitter war with Miller on Thursday, repeatedly calling the rapper “little” in a series of tweets.
“Little @MacMiller, you illegally used my name for your song ‘Donald Trump’ which now has over 75 million hits,” Trump wrote. “Little @MacMiller, I want the money not the plaque you gave me! Little @MacMiller, I’m now going to teach you a big boy lesson about lawsuits and finance. You ungrateful dog!”
“The Apprentice” host also posted a 2012 video from Miller. Trump said the rapper “was kissing my a--!” in the video.
Ironically, Trump says in the video that he was “proud” of “Donald Trump” when the clip reached 20 million YouTube views.
But Trump has since changed his tune, threatening to sue Miller. The billionaire even dissed the 21-year-old rapper’s hairline.
“Little @MacMiller—I have more hair than you do and there’s a slight age difference,” wrote Trump, 66.
Miller has yet to respond to Trump’s tweets.
The rapper released a mixtape containing the “Donald Trump” song. Lyrics include, “Take over the world when I'm on my Donald Trump s---. Look at all this money, ain't that some s---?”
In the 2011 video, Miller, who is white, knocks Trump over the tycoon’s ignorance of hip-hop after he was asked if Trump reached out to him after the clip was posted.
“I thought it was ridiculous how people got so worked up over him being like, ‘You’re the new Eminem.’ Like, what do you expect him to say?” Miller said. “It’s Donald Trump. He’s not going to be like, ‘I was listening to this Mac Miller kid and he seems influenced by A Tribe Called Quest. He seems like he listened to a lot of Big L growing up and that he’s really Golden Era hip-hop. All he meant was I’m a white rapper and I’m blowing up.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes