Donald Trump-Mac Miller Twitter Feud: The Donald Threatens To Sue Rapper Over 'Donald Trump' Track
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 9:19 AM EST
Donald Trump lashed out at Mac Miller Thursday over the rapper’s song, “Donald Trump,” threatening to sue the entertainer for “illegally” using his name.
Even though the “Donald Trump” YouTube video was posted in 2011, for some reason Trump decided to enter into a Twitter war with Miller on Thursday, repeatedly calling the rapper “little” in a series of tweets.
“Little @MacMiller, you illegally used my name for your song ‘Donald Trump’ which now has over 75 million hits,” Trump wrote. “Little @MacMiller, I want the money not the plaque you gave me! Little @MacMiller, I’m now going to teach you a big boy lesson about lawsuits and finance. You ungrateful dog!”
“The Apprentice” host also posted a 2012 video from Miller. Trump said the rapper “was kissing my a--!” in the video.
Ironically, Trump says in the video that he was “proud” of “Donald Trump” when the clip reached 20 million YouTube views.
But Trump has since changed his tune, threatening to sue Miller. The billionaire even dissed the 21-year-old rapper’s hairline.
“Little @MacMiller—I have more hair than you do and there’s a slight age difference,” wrote Trump, 66.
Miller has yet to respond to Trump’s tweets.
The rapper released a mixtape containing the “Donald Trump” song. Lyrics include, “Take over the world when I'm on my Donald Trump s---. Look at all this money, ain't that some s---?”
In the 2011 video, Miller, who is white, knocks Trump over the tycoon’s ignorance of hip-hop after he was asked if Trump reached out to him after the clip was posted.
“I thought it was ridiculous how people got so worked up over him being like, ‘You’re the new Eminem.’ Like, what do you expect him to say?” Miller said. “It’s Donald Trump. He’s not going to be like, ‘I was listening to this Mac Miller kid and he seems influenced by A Tribe Called Quest. He seems like he listened to a lot of Big L growing up and that he’s really Golden Era hip-hop. All he meant was I’m a white rapper and I’m blowing up.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown