Ronaiah Tuiasospo – Dr. Phil Interview: Where To Watch Orchestrator Of Manti Te’o Girlfriend Hoax Speak Out
February 1, 2013 6:09 AM EST
For the first time, the orchestrator of the Manti Te’o girlfriend hoax is speaking publicly on the matter.
Ronaiah Tuiasospo sat down with Dr. Phil this week for an exclusive interview. Tuiasospo claims that he created Lennay Kekua, and the Notre Dame linebacker was simply the victim of a prank.
The interview will air in two parts on “The Dr. Phil Show." Viewers can watch part one and two on Thursday and Friday afternoon, respectively. Check local listings to see what time and channel the show airs in your area.
On Thursday morning, Dr. Phil McGraw appeared on the “Today Show” to discuss the interview. He spent a number of hours with Tuiasospo and his parents, at the behest of Tuiasospo’s psychiatrist.
“Ronaiah has a number of life experiences that damaged this young man in some very serious ways,” said McGraw.
According to McGraw, Tuiasospo developed real feelings for Te’o.
“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love,” said McGraw. “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ And he says yes. I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I am confused.’”
Tuiasospo asserted that it was his voice that Te’o heard when the football player thought he was talking to Kekua. Last week, Tuiasosopo’s relatives told the New York Post that it was his cousin who spoke to Te’o. ABC's "Good Morning America" had audio experts study recordings of voicemails saved by Te’o, and they concluded it was a woman that was speaking.
Below is a portion of the interview, which was aired on the “Today Show.”
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide