Ronaiah Tuiasospo – Dr. Phil Interview: Where To Watch Orchestrator Of Manti Te’o Girlfriend Hoax Speak Out
February 1, 2013 6:09 AM EST
For the first time, the orchestrator of the Manti Te’o girlfriend hoax is speaking publicly on the matter.
Ronaiah Tuiasospo sat down with Dr. Phil this week for an exclusive interview. Tuiasospo claims that he created Lennay Kekua, and the Notre Dame linebacker was simply the victim of a prank.
The interview will air in two parts on “The Dr. Phil Show." Viewers can watch part one and two on Thursday and Friday afternoon, respectively. Check local listings to see what time and channel the show airs in your area.
On Thursday morning, Dr. Phil McGraw appeared on the “Today Show” to discuss the interview. He spent a number of hours with Tuiasospo and his parents, at the behest of Tuiasospo’s psychiatrist.
“Ronaiah has a number of life experiences that damaged this young man in some very serious ways,” said McGraw.
According to McGraw, Tuiasospo developed real feelings for Te’o.
“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love,” said McGraw. “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ And he says yes. I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I am confused.’”
Tuiasospo asserted that it was his voice that Te’o heard when the football player thought he was talking to Kekua. Last week, Tuiasosopo’s relatives told the New York Post that it was his cousin who spoke to Te’o. ABC's "Good Morning America" had audio experts study recordings of voicemails saved by Te’o, and they concluded it was a woman that was speaking.
Below is a portion of the interview, which was aired on the “Today Show.”
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports