Rihanna Finally Opens Up About her Relationship With Chris Brown
By drishya Nair | February 1, 2013 1:20 AM EST
Singer Rihanna has finally opened up about her decision to reconcile with boyfriend Chris Brown, despite the fact he assaulted her.
The 24-year-old singer's reconciliation with her ex-boyfriend has left her fans angered and disappointed, and her decision has also attracted a lot of media criticism.
But RiRi told Rolling Stone magazine: "I decided that it was more important for me to be happy and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that.
"Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."
In the last few months, the Bajan beauty has tweeted many pictures of herself with Brown and the images have created a flurry of interest among her fans.
The Only Girl hitmaker's decision to finally come forward and speak for her decision may be an indication that she wants to fire back at her naysayers.
Brown's violent behaviour has been the subject of feverish tabloid speculation in recent times, with the newspapers focusing on his brawl with rapper Drake last year and his recent altercation with singer Frank Ocean in a Los Angeles car park.
About such behavior from Brown, Rihanna was quoted as saying by The Sydney Morning Herald: "I know it comes off [badly]. And it doesn't help.
''For a long time he was really angry, and he felt like he couldn't get away from it, no matter what he did. But there's so many reasons why I ever reconsidered having him in my life.
''He's not the monster everybody thinks. He's a good person. He has a fantastic heart. He's giving and loving. And he's fun to be around. That's what I love about him - he always makes me laugh. All I want to do is laugh, really - and I do that with him."
In the interview, Rihanna also pointed out that she is an adult and her life is no-one else's business She said she cannot be away from the man she loves the most because of what other people think or say.
However, the singer also spoke about Brown's earlier abusive behavior, when he beat her following a row between the pair in February 2009.
She insists that "he doesn't have that luxury of f*****g up again.
"That's just not an option. If he gives me that again... I just walk away."
Rihanna seemed convinced that Brown will never make such a terrible mistake again with her.
"Sometimes people need support and encouragement instead of ridicule and criticism and bashing," she said about the Don't Judge Me singer.
Although it has been suggested that, given they were both raised by abusive parents, Rihanna and Brown are a combustible and unsustainable combination, RiRi said:
"I can't say that nothing else will go wrong. But I'm pretty solid in knowing that he's disgusted by [the 2009 incident] and I wouldn't have gone this far if I ever thought that was a possibility."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage