Tottenham to Make Deadline Day Offer for Midfielder - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 12:32 AM EST
Tottenham will make one final move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame, according to The Sun. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has been one of the stand-out performers for Sam Allardyce's newly promoted side and has also attracted attention from Spurs' north London rivals, Arsenal.
Spurs are believed to be ready to trigger the £3.5m release clause in Diame's contract and Allardyce, speaking on Wednesday, ahead of the midweek Premier League fixture against Fulham, admitted he was unsure of the whole saga.
"It will be money talking, won't it? And when money talks, there's no stopping it, especially in this window. My plan is that I am playing him because I hope and I believe he is going to be here after Thursday," the ex-Bolton boss said.
The hard-working central midfielder was strongly linked to Arsenal earlier this month, with reports Arsene Wenger was considering him as a replacement for both Cameroonian Alex Song (who left the Emirates for Barcelona in the summer) and the oft-injured French international Abou Diaby.
The Hammers were then prompted to offer their star a new contract at £50,000 per week, in a bid to raise the release clause to £9m. Unfortunately for Allardyce, talks over the new contract were not satisfactory and the deadline issued by the club, for Diame to sign his contract, has since come and gone.
Meanwhile, Spurs have also been linked with a loan move for Olympique Lyon striker Lisandro Lopez and a transfer approach for his team mate, Bafetimbi Gomis, as Andre Villas-Boas looks to add strikers to his Spurs squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS