Tottenham to Make Deadline Day Offer for Midfielder - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 12:32 AM EST
Tottenham will make one final move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame, according to The Sun. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has been one of the stand-out performers for Sam Allardyce's newly promoted side and has also attracted attention from Spurs' north London rivals, Arsenal.
Spurs are believed to be ready to trigger the £3.5m release clause in Diame's contract and Allardyce, speaking on Wednesday, ahead of the midweek Premier League fixture against Fulham, admitted he was unsure of the whole saga.
"It will be money talking, won't it? And when money talks, there's no stopping it, especially in this window. My plan is that I am playing him because I hope and I believe he is going to be here after Thursday," the ex-Bolton boss said.
The hard-working central midfielder was strongly linked to Arsenal earlier this month, with reports Arsene Wenger was considering him as a replacement for both Cameroonian Alex Song (who left the Emirates for Barcelona in the summer) and the oft-injured French international Abou Diaby.
The Hammers were then prompted to offer their star a new contract at £50,000 per week, in a bid to raise the release clause to £9m. Unfortunately for Allardyce, talks over the new contract were not satisfactory and the deadline issued by the club, for Diame to sign his contract, has since come and gone.
Meanwhile, Spurs have also been linked with a loan move for Olympique Lyon striker Lisandro Lopez and a transfer approach for his team mate, Bafetimbi Gomis, as Andre Villas-Boas looks to add strikers to his Spurs squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef