Tottenham to Make Deadline Day Offer for Midfielder - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 12:32 AM EST
Tottenham will make one final move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame, according to The Sun. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has been one of the stand-out performers for Sam Allardyce's newly promoted side and has also attracted attention from Spurs' north London rivals, Arsenal.
Spurs are believed to be ready to trigger the £3.5m release clause in Diame's contract and Allardyce, speaking on Wednesday, ahead of the midweek Premier League fixture against Fulham, admitted he was unsure of the whole saga.
"It will be money talking, won't it? And when money talks, there's no stopping it, especially in this window. My plan is that I am playing him because I hope and I believe he is going to be here after Thursday," the ex-Bolton boss said.
The hard-working central midfielder was strongly linked to Arsenal earlier this month, with reports Arsene Wenger was considering him as a replacement for both Cameroonian Alex Song (who left the Emirates for Barcelona in the summer) and the oft-injured French international Abou Diaby.
The Hammers were then prompted to offer their star a new contract at £50,000 per week, in a bid to raise the release clause to £9m. Unfortunately for Allardyce, talks over the new contract were not satisfactory and the deadline issued by the club, for Diame to sign his contract, has since come and gone.
Meanwhile, Spurs have also been linked with a loan move for Olympique Lyon striker Lisandro Lopez and a transfer approach for his team mate, Bafetimbi Gomis, as Andre Villas-Boas looks to add strikers to his Spurs squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales