Tottenham to Make Deadline Day Offer for Midfielder - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 12:32 AM EST
Tottenham will make one final move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame, according to The Sun. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has been one of the stand-out performers for Sam Allardyce's newly promoted side and has also attracted attention from Spurs' north London rivals, Arsenal.
Spurs are believed to be ready to trigger the £3.5m release clause in Diame's contract and Allardyce, speaking on Wednesday, ahead of the midweek Premier League fixture against Fulham, admitted he was unsure of the whole saga.
"It will be money talking, won't it? And when money talks, there's no stopping it, especially in this window. My plan is that I am playing him because I hope and I believe he is going to be here after Thursday," the ex-Bolton boss said.
The hard-working central midfielder was strongly linked to Arsenal earlier this month, with reports Arsene Wenger was considering him as a replacement for both Cameroonian Alex Song (who left the Emirates for Barcelona in the summer) and the oft-injured French international Abou Diaby.
The Hammers were then prompted to offer their star a new contract at £50,000 per week, in a bid to raise the release clause to £9m. Unfortunately for Allardyce, talks over the new contract were not satisfactory and the deadline issued by the club, for Diame to sign his contract, has since come and gone.
Meanwhile, Spurs have also been linked with a loan move for Olympique Lyon striker Lisandro Lopez and a transfer approach for his team mate, Bafetimbi Gomis, as Andre Villas-Boas looks to add strikers to his Spurs squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch