David Beckham Agrees Astonishing Move to French Giants
By Didrik Ottesen | January 31, 2013 11:45 PM EST
David Beckham is set to steal the show on transfer deadline day after Paris Saint-Germain revealed that they had agreed a deal to sign the former Manchester United midfielder.
Beckham is on his way to the French capital to complete the formalities of the move with PSG having announced a press conference for 4pm UK time.
The 37-year old has been without a club since leaving MLS side LA Galaxy in December, and is believed to have had offers from 12 different clubs before choosing League 1 leaders PSG.
Beckham, who has been training with the Arsenal first team in London Colney to keep up his fitness, will be reunited with manager Carlo Anchelotti who managed AC Milan during the midfielder's stint with the Italian giants in 2009.
PSG have spent more than £200million in the last 18 months and it was one of their most high prolfile signings in Zalatan Ibrahimovicthat first encouraged Beckham to move to Paris back in November.
"I am sure there will be many offers for him from clubs all over the world, but it is a very exciting project here in Paris and if he still wants more trophies then this is the right club for him to join," Ibrahimovic told the Mail.
"We can win the Champions League over the next two seasons with the team that is being built."
Beckham, who has made a record 115 outfield appearances for England, has enjoyed huge success in his career, winning the Premier League on six occasiona and the Champions League once with Manchester United before claiming a league title with Real Madrid in 2007.
He subsequently left the Spanish capital to join LA Galaxy in 2007 where he stayed for five-and-half-years, winning the MLS Cup on two occasions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown