David Beckham Agrees Astonishing Move to French Giants
By Didrik Ottesen | January 31, 2013 11:45 PM EST
David Beckham is set to steal the show on transfer deadline day after Paris Saint-Germain revealed that they had agreed a deal to sign the former Manchester United midfielder.
Beckham is on his way to the French capital to complete the formalities of the move with PSG having announced a press conference for 4pm UK time.
The 37-year old has been without a club since leaving MLS side LA Galaxy in December, and is believed to have had offers from 12 different clubs before choosing League 1 leaders PSG.
Beckham, who has been training with the Arsenal first team in London Colney to keep up his fitness, will be reunited with manager Carlo Anchelotti who managed AC Milan during the midfielder's stint with the Italian giants in 2009.
PSG have spent more than £200million in the last 18 months and it was one of their most high prolfile signings in Zalatan Ibrahimovicthat first encouraged Beckham to move to Paris back in November.
"I am sure there will be many offers for him from clubs all over the world, but it is a very exciting project here in Paris and if he still wants more trophies then this is the right club for him to join," Ibrahimovic told the Mail.
"We can win the Champions League over the next two seasons with the team that is being built."
Beckham, who has made a record 115 outfield appearances for England, has enjoyed huge success in his career, winning the Premier League on six occasiona and the Champions League once with Manchester United before claiming a league title with Real Madrid in 2007.
He subsequently left the Spanish capital to join LA Galaxy in 2007 where he stayed for five-and-half-years, winning the MLS Cup on two occasions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage