David Beckham Agrees Astonishing Move to French Giants
By Didrik Ottesen | January 31, 2013 11:45 PM EST
David Beckham is set to steal the show on transfer deadline day after Paris Saint-Germain revealed that they had agreed a deal to sign the former Manchester United midfielder.
Beckham is on his way to the French capital to complete the formalities of the move with PSG having announced a press conference for 4pm UK time.
The 37-year old has been without a club since leaving MLS side LA Galaxy in December, and is believed to have had offers from 12 different clubs before choosing League 1 leaders PSG.
Beckham, who has been training with the Arsenal first team in London Colney to keep up his fitness, will be reunited with manager Carlo Anchelotti who managed AC Milan during the midfielder's stint with the Italian giants in 2009.
PSG have spent more than £200million in the last 18 months and it was one of their most high prolfile signings in Zalatan Ibrahimovicthat first encouraged Beckham to move to Paris back in November.
"I am sure there will be many offers for him from clubs all over the world, but it is a very exciting project here in Paris and if he still wants more trophies then this is the right club for him to join," Ibrahimovic told the Mail.
"We can win the Champions League over the next two seasons with the team that is being built."
Beckham, who has made a record 115 outfield appearances for England, has enjoyed huge success in his career, winning the Premier League on six occasiona and the Champions League once with Manchester United before claiming a league title with Real Madrid in 2007.
He subsequently left the Spanish capital to join LA Galaxy in 2007 where he stayed for five-and-half-years, winning the MLS Cup on two occasions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation