David Beckham Agrees Astonishing Move to French Giants
By Didrik Ottesen | January 31, 2013 11:45 PM EST
David Beckham is set to steal the show on transfer deadline day after Paris Saint-Germain revealed that they had agreed a deal to sign the former Manchester United midfielder.
Beckham is on his way to the French capital to complete the formalities of the move with PSG having announced a press conference for 4pm UK time.
The 37-year old has been without a club since leaving MLS side LA Galaxy in December, and is believed to have had offers from 12 different clubs before choosing League 1 leaders PSG.
Beckham, who has been training with the Arsenal first team in London Colney to keep up his fitness, will be reunited with manager Carlo Anchelotti who managed AC Milan during the midfielder's stint with the Italian giants in 2009.
PSG have spent more than £200million in the last 18 months and it was one of their most high prolfile signings in Zalatan Ibrahimovicthat first encouraged Beckham to move to Paris back in November.
"I am sure there will be many offers for him from clubs all over the world, but it is a very exciting project here in Paris and if he still wants more trophies then this is the right club for him to join," Ibrahimovic told the Mail.
"We can win the Champions League over the next two seasons with the team that is being built."
Beckham, who has made a record 115 outfield appearances for England, has enjoyed huge success in his career, winning the Premier League on six occasiona and the Champions League once with Manchester United before claiming a league title with Real Madrid in 2007.
He subsequently left the Spanish capital to join LA Galaxy in 2007 where he stayed for five-and-half-years, winning the MLS Cup on two occasions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy