Alicia Keys Unveiled as BlackBerry Global Creative Director
By Toyin Owoseje | January 31, 2013 11:21 PM EST
R'n'B superstar Alicia Keys has been named new global creative director of BlackBerry.
The Girl on Fire hitmaker has joined the Canadian company as it attempts to make a comeback with two new handsets, a revamped platform and a rebranding.
Research in Motion (RIM) has changed its name to BlackBerry in a bid to regain traction in a market now dominated by rivals such as Apple and Samsung.
In her new role Keys is expected to work closely with the app designers and carriers to explore the potential of the BB10 operating system .
"I am an extremely committed and focused individual," she said. "I'm going to start with other super women who also love BlackBerry, and work with people in the entertainment and music business to inspire creative projects.
"And I want to enhance this concept of bridging the gap between the work phone and the play phone."
BlackBerry has unveiled two new devices for its new platform - one with a physical keyboard called the Q10, and a full touchscreen Z10.
The devices boast new features such as a gesture-based navigation system, smart cameras and - unlike previous BlackBerry models - services such as Skype and the popular game Angry Birds.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues