Manchester United Transfer News: Midfielder Responds to United Rumours
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 31, 2013 10:45 PM EST
"I can confirm to you that I will be at Celtic," the 21-year-old told the Daily Record, "We are playing well and our Champions League dream is on right now, so I am looking forward to the big game against Juventus."
Wanyama did, however, add that he would be open to a move at the end of the season. Celtic have had a brilliant season in Europe so far, capped with progress to the first knock-out round, a high-profile tie against Italian champions and the pleasure of knowing they are one of a handful of clubs to have beaten the mighty Barcelona in recent seasons.
Ferguson: Fortunate to Avoid Defeat against Saints
Meanwhile, United beat Southampton 2-1 at Old Trafford in a midweek league fixture. However, Ferguson was less than impressed with the club's performance. He also blamed the condition of the pitch at St Mary's.
"For the first 30 minutes we were fantastic. But in the second half Southampton have been the best team to play here this season. We were fortunate to win," the Scot said, adding, "We found the pitch difficult to play on. Southampton won a lot of 50-50s as our players looked to take a touch. We watered the pitch before the game but once it dried out in the second half it became difficult. They pushed on top of us and didn't give us any time on the ball."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles