Manchester United Transfer News: Midfielder Responds to United Rumours
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 31, 2013 10:45 PM EST
"I can confirm to you that I will be at Celtic," the 21-year-old told the Daily Record, "We are playing well and our Champions League dream is on right now, so I am looking forward to the big game against Juventus."
Wanyama did, however, add that he would be open to a move at the end of the season. Celtic have had a brilliant season in Europe so far, capped with progress to the first knock-out round, a high-profile tie against Italian champions and the pleasure of knowing they are one of a handful of clubs to have beaten the mighty Barcelona in recent seasons.
Ferguson: Fortunate to Avoid Defeat against Saints
Meanwhile, United beat Southampton 2-1 at Old Trafford in a midweek league fixture. However, Ferguson was less than impressed with the club's performance. He also blamed the condition of the pitch at St Mary's.
"For the first 30 minutes we were fantastic. But in the second half Southampton have been the best team to play here this season. We were fortunate to win," the Scot said, adding, "We found the pitch difficult to play on. Southampton won a lot of 50-50s as our players looked to take a touch. We watered the pitch before the game but once it dried out in the second half it became difficult. They pushed on top of us and didn't give us any time on the ball."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier