Manchester United Transfer News: Midfielder Responds to United Rumours
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 31, 2013 10:45 PM EST
"I can confirm to you that I will be at Celtic," the 21-year-old told the Daily Record, "We are playing well and our Champions League dream is on right now, so I am looking forward to the big game against Juventus."
Wanyama did, however, add that he would be open to a move at the end of the season. Celtic have had a brilliant season in Europe so far, capped with progress to the first knock-out round, a high-profile tie against Italian champions and the pleasure of knowing they are one of a handful of clubs to have beaten the mighty Barcelona in recent seasons.
Ferguson: Fortunate to Avoid Defeat against Saints
Meanwhile, United beat Southampton 2-1 at Old Trafford in a midweek league fixture. However, Ferguson was less than impressed with the club's performance. He also blamed the condition of the pitch at St Mary's.
"For the first 30 minutes we were fantastic. But in the second half Southampton have been the best team to play here this season. We were fortunate to win," the Scot said, adding, "We found the pitch difficult to play on. Southampton won a lot of 50-50s as our players looked to take a touch. We watered the pitch before the game but once it dried out in the second half it became difficult. They pushed on top of us and didn't give us any time on the ball."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide