4.1.2 XXDMA6 Jelly Bean firmware is released for Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Samsung has rolled out Android 4.1. 2XXDMA6 Jelly Bean for the global version of Galaxy Note 2 with model number N7100. The firmware, which is available in several countries, is expected to bring enhancement over performance and fix a few bug issues found in the previous build.
The Galaxy Note 2 should have received the OTA update if it is running on official version of firmware and is in the supported regions. The XXDMA6 Jelly Bean firmware can also be installed through Samsung Kies.
The Galaxy Note 2 users who have already updated their devices with the latest Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 Jelly Bean may follow the guide below to root their devices. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their phones before proceeding since the root package, used in the tutorial, works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 but not with any other variants.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Backup all the important data of the phone.
4) Verify the battery of Note 2 should carry more than 40 percent of charge.
5) Rooting the Note 2 will void manufacturer's warranty.
6) This root process may increase binary flash counter.
7) The guide below will only roots the phone. Users are advised to install custom recovery such as CWM recovery separately in order to install custom ROMs.
Steps to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip to get a .tar.md5 file
2) Download Odin 3.07. Extract the zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files
3) Power off the phone then place it in Download Mode. To do so press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. A warning message will appear, now press the Volume Up button again to enter Download Mode
4) Run Odin3 v3.07.exe on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it with the computer. A message saying 'Added' will appear under Odin's message box. If the device is successfully connected to the computer then COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
Note: In case the Added message does not appear then try another USB port, try the port located at the back side of the computer. If that also does not work then reinstall USB driver.
6) In Odin, click the PDA tab and select CF-Auto-Root-to3g-to3gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5 file
7) Verify that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window
8) Now hit the Start button in Odin to begin installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and soon a Pass message with green background will arrive in the extreme left box at the top of Odin. Now safely unplug the USB cable to disconnect the device from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 Jelly Bean is now rooted successfully. To ensure the above root method is installed and working properly, verify with Root Checker app, available at Google Play Store.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: