Stock futures mixed, eyes on Facebook
January 31, 2013 10:21 PM EST
Stock futures pointed to a mixed open on Wall Street on Thursday, with futures for the S&P 500 down 0.04 percent, Dow Jones futures up 0.04 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures down 0.31 percent at 5:33 a.m. ET.
* Facebook Inc
* Investors await a flurry of earnings from big companies including Colgate-Palmolive
* On the macro front, weekly jobless claims are due at 8:30 a.m. ET and Chicago PMI at 9:45 a.m. ET. European shares fell in morning trade after a mixed bag of earnings reports.
* Electronic Arts Inc
* Citigroup Inc
* All Nippon Airways Co <9202.T>, the launch airline for Boeing Co's
* Skyworks Solutions Inc
* Casino operator Las Vegas Sands Corp
* Qualcomm Inc
* U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve said in its latest statement that economic growth had stalled but indicated the pullback was likely temporary.
* The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 44.00 points, or 0.32 percent, at 13,910.42. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was down 5.88 points, or 0.39 percent, at 1,501.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was down 11.35 points, or 0.36 percent, at 3,142.31.
(Reporting by Blaise Robinson; editing by Patrick Graham)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu