Stock futures mixed, eyes on Facebook
January 31, 2013 10:21 PM EST
Stock futures pointed to a mixed open on Wall Street on Thursday, with futures for the S&P 500 down 0.04 percent, Dow Jones futures up 0.04 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures down 0.31 percent at 5:33 a.m. ET.
* Facebook Inc
* Investors await a flurry of earnings from big companies including Colgate-Palmolive
* On the macro front, weekly jobless claims are due at 8:30 a.m. ET and Chicago PMI at 9:45 a.m. ET. European shares fell in morning trade after a mixed bag of earnings reports.
* Electronic Arts Inc
* Citigroup Inc
* All Nippon Airways Co <9202.T>, the launch airline for Boeing Co's
* Skyworks Solutions Inc
* Casino operator Las Vegas Sands Corp
* Qualcomm Inc
* U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve said in its latest statement that economic growth had stalled but indicated the pullback was likely temporary.
* The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 44.00 points, or 0.32 percent, at 13,910.42. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was down 5.88 points, or 0.39 percent, at 1,501.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was down 11.35 points, or 0.36 percent, at 3,142.31.
(Reporting by Blaise Robinson; editing by Patrick Graham)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy