European Market Briefing: Mixed Earnings Overtake Bullish Tone [VIDEO]
By Martin Baccardax | January 31, 2013 10:17 PM EST
European shares fell for a second day following a mixed series of blue chip earnings and weaker than expected retail sales data from Germany.
"Super Thursday" earnings dominated the trading session with quarterly updates from Deutsche Bank, Shell, Diageo, Santander and British Sky Broadcasting. Alongside the data were figures from Germany showing the biggest December fall in retails in at least three years but also a surprise easing in January unemployment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates