European Market Briefing: Mixed Earnings Overtake Bullish Tone [VIDEO]
By Martin Baccardax | January 31, 2013 10:17 PM EST
European shares fell for a second day following a mixed series of blue chip earnings and weaker than expected retail sales data from Germany.
"Super Thursday" earnings dominated the trading session with quarterly updates from Deutsche Bank, Shell, Diageo, Santander and British Sky Broadcasting. Alongside the data were figures from Germany showing the biggest December fall in retails in at least three years but also a surprise easing in January unemployment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2