Chris Samba Passes QPR Medical
By Didrik Ottesen | January 31, 2013 9:45 PM EST
Redknapp told Sky Sports News on Thursday morning: "Samba has signed and that's massive for us, that is they key one.
"He has passed his medical, he was having that last night so it shouldn't be a problem."
Samba could prove to be a vital signing for the Londoners, who have lost Ryan Nelsen, who has taken over the vacant managerial position at FC Toronto, and with QPR knee-deep in a relegation battle required additional defensive options having allowed Anton Ferdinand to leave the club for Turkish side Bursaspor.
"He left for England yesterday," he said. "I hope that today or tomorrow we'll find out what really happened.
"It's a shame to talk about this but he didn't even say goodbye, he didn't explain anything to us.
"It's not a great situation for us. He started the pre-season camps with us but then suddenly in the last few days he started to make contact with England, that's despite still being under contract with Anzhi," Hiddink said.
Former Tottenham manager Redknapp is also planning a swoop for past players, Jermaine Jenas and David Bentley, both who played for him under his reign at North London.
QPR have been one of the most active clubs this month, with Loic Remy, Tal Ben Haim and Yun Suk-young all arriving at Loftus Road, with Stoke striker Peter Crouch still being linked with a potential transfer deadline day move.
Meanwhile, QPR have also given Alejandro Fraulin permission to speak to Palermo over a potential loan move.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown