Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 Gets Android
4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Latest XXDMA6 Official Firmware
Galaxy Note 2 N7105 users can now update their device to the latest Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 official firmware using the manual update method given in this guide. The official firmware is now available for download as Over-The-Air (OTA) update and also via Samsung KIES. As this is an unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy Note 2 LTE (except China, Hong Kong and Taiwan).
Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 Official Firmware Details
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- XXDMA6 official firmware and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that correct USB drivers are installed for the Galaxy Note 2 on computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers.
- Users are advised to back up important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss during firmware installation.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled by navigating to Settings > Developer Options or Settings > Applications > Development.
- Ensure that the device has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Verify that the phone is factory unlocked and not locked to a specific carrier to prevent unexpected damage to the device while flashing the firmware.
- As this is an official release, root access to the device will be lost soon after installing the update. You need to root the device again to regain full system access and be able to install root apps, custom ROMs and latest system tweaks.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable if device is damaged or bricked during firmware installation. Users should proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXDMA6 Official Firmware
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 N7105XXDMA6 for Galaxy Note 2 LTE to the computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 official firmware on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button, until the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text appears on screen.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect the phone to it while the phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - When the phone connects successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step may take some time (about 5 minutes). So, leave it alone.
Step 6 - Choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on the phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the 'PDA' button and choose the file named 'CODE'.
- Tap the 'Phone' and choose file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Hit the 'CSC' button and choose file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Click the 'PIT' button and choose the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option should be checked ONLY if a .PIT file is chosen in the previous step.
Step 8 - Hit the Start button in ODIN and firmware installation process will begin. It would take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the firmware is installed, the phone will reboot. When the home screen appears, disconnect the phone from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 official firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: