Vedanta's Core Earnings Jump on Oil and Gas Boost
January 31, 2013 8:24 PM EST
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) grew to $1.11 billion in the three months ended December 31, from $848.4 million a year earlier, the London-listed company said.
Vedanta, which counts Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal as its largest shareholder, said revenue climbed 7 percent to $3.58 billion.
Average daily gross operated production was 205,014 barrels of oil equivalent in the third quarter, up 21 percent from last year.
Mined metal in the company's Indian zinc unit rose to 233,000 tonnes, from 209,000 tonnes in the year-earlier period.
Vedanta, which sold 5 million tonnes of iron ore in the third quarter last year, recorded no iron ore sales this year owing to mining bans in the western Indian state of Goa and the southern state of Karnataka.
Shares in the company, a FTSE 100 constituent, closed at 1164 pence on Wednesday. They have gained about 12 percent in value since the end of the first quarter in September.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports