Tottenham Not In Market For Arsenal's Spanish Striker Target
By Vanessa Keller | January 31, 2013 7:14 PM EST
Andre Villas-Boas has insisted that Tottenham are not in the market for David Villa, with the Arsenal striker target looking set to stay at Barcelona until at least the end of the season.
Villa has struggled for game time at Barcelona over the past campaign, and as a result the Spain international has been placed high on the list of multiple Premier League clubs.
Arsenal are believed to be chasing the star, after letting Marouane Chamakh go on loan and looking to increase their attacking options as the season hits the business end, and Wenger hinted that the north London club had talked about a deal.
"If somebody is not for sale you expect other clubs not to try and buy him," he said.
"Barcelona don't want to sell David Villa and have made it clear."
While Tottenham had also been connected with a possible deal for Villa, as a cover for the fragile Jermaine Defoe, Villas-Boas insists that the club don't need a striker and haven't been in the market for the 31 year old.
"David Villa? No, I don't think so!" Villas-Boas told Sky Sports.
"At the moment I have told you that we are willing to take a risk on Jermain Defoe's injury. Defoe played 90 minutes and played very well.
With deadline day arriving, he also added: "No, I don't think so [there will be any players leaving]."
The comments were made after Tottenham came back from 1-0 down to Norwich to rescue a point last night, courtesy of a brilliant goal from Gareth Bale.
Spurs are currently fourth on the table, but Everton and Arsenal are putting maximum pressure on the side to keep hold of their coveted spot.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related