Vedanta Reports 31% Surge in Core Earnings on Oil and Gas Boost
January 31, 2013 7:06 PM EST
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) grew to $1.11 billion in the three months ended December 31, from $848.4 million a year earlier, the London-listed company said.
Vedanta, which counts Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal as its largest shareholder, said revenue climbed 7 percent to $3.58 billion.
Average daily gross operated production was 205,014 barrels of oil equivalent in the third quarter, up 21 percent from last year.
Mined metal in the company's Indian zinc unit rose to 233,000 tonnes, from 209,000 tonnes in the year-earlier period.
Vedanta, which sold 5 million tonnes of iron ore in the third quarter last year, recorded no iron ore sales this year owing to mining bans in the western Indian state of Goa and the southern state of Karnataka.
Shares in the company, a FTSE 100 constituent, closed at 1164 pence on Wednesday. They have gained about 12 percent in value since the end of the first quarter in September.
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia To Lose Hundreds Of Billions Worth Of Infrastructure Due To Rising Sea Levels
- UK Starts Ebola Vaccine Trials on Humans
- Health Virus Alert: Canadians Urged to Watch Out Against Rare Enterovirus D68; 3 Cases Confirmed in B.C., 18 in Alberta
- Economy Travel Not So Anymore with Air Canada, Starts Charging C$25 Checked Bag Fee
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election