Vedanta Reports 31% Surge in Core Earnings on Oil and Gas Boost
January 31, 2013 7:06 PM EST
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) grew to $1.11 billion in the three months ended December 31, from $848.4 million a year earlier, the London-listed company said.
Vedanta, which counts Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal as its largest shareholder, said revenue climbed 7 percent to $3.58 billion.
Average daily gross operated production was 205,014 barrels of oil equivalent in the third quarter, up 21 percent from last year.
Mined metal in the company's Indian zinc unit rose to 233,000 tonnes, from 209,000 tonnes in the year-earlier period.
Vedanta, which sold 5 million tonnes of iron ore in the third quarter last year, recorded no iron ore sales this year owing to mining bans in the western Indian state of Goa and the southern state of Karnataka.
Shares in the company, a FTSE 100 constituent, closed at 1164 pence on Wednesday. They have gained about 12 percent in value since the end of the first quarter in September.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How