Vedanta Reports 31% Surge in Core Earnings on Oil and Gas Boost
January 31, 2013 7:06 PM EST
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) grew to $1.11 billion in the three months ended December 31, from $848.4 million a year earlier, the London-listed company said.
Vedanta, which counts Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal as its largest shareholder, said revenue climbed 7 percent to $3.58 billion.
Average daily gross operated production was 205,014 barrels of oil equivalent in the third quarter, up 21 percent from last year.
Mined metal in the company's Indian zinc unit rose to 233,000 tonnes, from 209,000 tonnes in the year-earlier period.
Vedanta, which sold 5 million tonnes of iron ore in the third quarter last year, recorded no iron ore sales this year owing to mining bans in the western Indian state of Goa and the southern state of Karnataka.
Shares in the company, a FTSE 100 constituent, closed at 1164 pence on Wednesday. They have gained about 12 percent in value since the end of the first quarter in September.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- China Military PLA Drills Affect Flights, Hundreds Cancelled
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: EU Feared Won't Ever Enforce Sanctions on Russia; All Talk, No Force
- U.S. Flights to Israel Now Lifted, Flights To and From Tel Aviv Resume – FAA
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Raises Interest Rates Due to 'Unsustainable' Kiwi
- Embattled Malaysia Airlines Could Run Out of Cash 2015; Diverts Plane Over Another War Zone After MH17 Crash
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown