Etihad in Discussions with Jet Airways for Potential Investment, Says Ajit Singh
January 31, 2013 6:58 PM EST
Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways is in talks with Jet Airways(JET.NS) for a potential investment in the Indian carrier, India's Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said on Thursday, without giving any details of the possible deal.
"The government's role is to make sure that whatever agreement they come to is within the regulatory framework," he told reporters after a meeting with Jet Chairman Naresh Goyal and Etihad Chief Executive James Hogan.
The deal, if closed, will be the first since India relaxed ownership rules in September last year and allowed foreign investors to buy up to 49 percent in domestic carriers that are battling stiff competition and high operating costs.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans