iOS 6.x Untethered Jailbreak: ‘evasi0n’ to Support all iOS 6 Compatible Devices, Website Hints at Sunday Release
By Vinod Yalburgi | January 31, 2013 6:40 PM EST
The evad3rs (musclenerd, pod2g, pimskeks and planetbeing) launched a new official website on Wednesday, 30 January, in the name of the highly-anticipated iOS 6.x jailbreak called "evasi0n". The new website suggests that the Dream Team has already achieved 60 percent progress in developing the hack and is currently working on finishing the GUI.
"We are in the process of finishing the GUI. Come back soon!" reads the message on the website.
System Requirements and Release Date
The website reveals the system requirements to run the upcoming jailbreak (given below), besides hinting at a probable release date for the eagerly-awaited iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak. As pointed out earlier on Twitter by @Pix3lDemon, the image on the website - evasi0n.com - depicts each device with a visible calendar icon that displays "3", which gives the date for the release of iOS 6.x jailbreak as well as the Super Bowl event - Sunday, 3 February.
Here is the complete list of system requirements for installing the upcoming iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak:
- 5 minutes of your time
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings > General > About > Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
As iPhone Hacks notes, the jailbreak is expected to support all iOS devices running iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2 and iOS 6.1. In other words, it will work on all iOS 6.1 compatible devices except for Apple TV 3. The following iOS devices will be eligible or compatible with the upcoming jailbreak:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G, iPod Touch 4G
- Apple TV 2
It is imperative to note that the older devices such as the iPad 1 lack support for iOS 6 and hence cannot be jailbroken. For more clarity, here is the list of unsupported devices:
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G
- iPod Touch 1G
- iPod touch 2G
- iPod touch 3G
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 3
As iDownloadBlog notes, the credits section on the website seems quite interesting, featuring names of popular theme designer Surenix (for his work on the evad3rs logo) as well as both Chronic and iPhone dev teams for their unflinching efforts and hard work towards unleashing the much-awaited iOS 6 untethered jailbreak.
The evasi0n website also features a "Donate" button to encourage potential contributors to support the cause of helping those who put countless hours of work to free your iOS devices from stock firmware restrictions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James