Barclays Upgrades ICICI Bank to 'Overweight,' Lowers SBI to 'Equalweight'
January 31, 2013 6:25 PM EST
Barclays said it viewed ICICI's credit quality outlook for fiscal years 2014 and 2015 "significantly more positively" due to reduced credit stress, and raised the Indian lender's price target to 1,310 rupees from 970 rupees.
However, Barclays downgraded SBI because of recent gains in its share price, noting also that credit stress could remain "elevated" due to the Indian state-run lender's exposure to midsized companies.
Still, Barclays raised SBI's price target to 2,450 rupees from 2,380 rupees, calling SBI its preferred pick among Indian public sector banks.
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan