Barclays Upgrades ICICI Bank to 'Overweight,' Lowers SBI to 'Equalweight'
January 31, 2013 6:25 PM EST
Barclays said it viewed ICICI's credit quality outlook for fiscal years 2014 and 2015 "significantly more positively" due to reduced credit stress, and raised the Indian lender's price target to 1,310 rupees from 970 rupees.
However, Barclays downgraded SBI because of recent gains in its share price, noting also that credit stress could remain "elevated" due to the Indian state-run lender's exposure to midsized companies.
Still, Barclays raised SBI's price target to 2,450 rupees from 2,380 rupees, calling SBI its preferred pick among Indian public sector banks.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Australian Economy Expected To Have ‘Solid Growth’ Despite Falling Iron Ore Prices
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Top Google Canada 2014 Searches: Robin Williams, World Cup, iPhone 6
- Credit Card Debt 101: How To Get Yourself Back On Track