3yr Old Brit Tot Adjudged Into Mensa as One of World’s Cleverest with 136 IQ
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | January 31, 2013 3:58 PM EST
Mensa International, a non-profit international organization for people with very high scores in IQ tests, has just recruited into its roster a three-year-old tot as its newest member.
British tot Sherwyn Sarabi, from Barnsley in South Yorkshire, can not only count up to 200 but also knows every country in the world, complete with its matching flag.
Tests conducted on Sherwyn revealed he has an IQ of 136, which is categorised as being included in the top 1 per cent of the intelligent people in the world.
The boy, whose reading age is equivalent to that of a six-year-old, began speaking at 10 months and was already speaking and talking in full sentences at 20 months. At two years old, Sherwyn could already read, count to 200, recognise and name countries, flags, planets in the solar system, parts of the body and internal organs.
''It's not like talking to a three-year-old. He doesn't even watch children's programs, he watches the news,'' Amanda Sarabi, Sherwyn's 36 year old mother and a former teacher, said.
The weather section is his favourite, especially the world weather, the mother said. "He just loves that."
Ms Sarabi said she first noticed her child's interest in learning at 18 months old but dismissed his intelligence it as normal, until other people pointed out how unusually clever the boy was.
He could even explain the function of each internal organ, she added.
Sherwyn now joins the elite, high-IQ society Mensa, which only has 100 members aged under 10 years old out of 22,000 members across Britain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date