3yr Old Brit Tot Adjudged Into Mensa as One of World’s Cleverest with 136 IQ
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | January 31, 2013 3:58 PM EST
Mensa International, a non-profit international organization for people with very high scores in IQ tests, has just recruited into its roster a three-year-old tot as its newest member.
British tot Sherwyn Sarabi, from Barnsley in South Yorkshire, can not only count up to 200 but also knows every country in the world, complete with its matching flag.
Tests conducted on Sherwyn revealed he has an IQ of 136, which is categorised as being included in the top 1 per cent of the intelligent people in the world.
The boy, whose reading age is equivalent to that of a six-year-old, began speaking at 10 months and was already speaking and talking in full sentences at 20 months. At two years old, Sherwyn could already read, count to 200, recognise and name countries, flags, planets in the solar system, parts of the body and internal organs.
''It's not like talking to a three-year-old. He doesn't even watch children's programs, he watches the news,'' Amanda Sarabi, Sherwyn's 36 year old mother and a former teacher, said.
The weather section is his favourite, especially the world weather, the mother said. "He just loves that."
Ms Sarabi said she first noticed her child's interest in learning at 18 months old but dismissed his intelligence it as normal, until other people pointed out how unusually clever the boy was.
He could even explain the function of each internal organ, she added.
Sherwyn now joins the elite, high-IQ society Mensa, which only has 100 members aged under 10 years old out of 22,000 members across Britain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows