HTC M7 Release Date Set Days Before MWC 2013?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 31, 2013 1:58 PM EST
The report also cited source claiming that HTC M7 will go on sale on March 8 via retailers. However, it is still unknown which service providers will start selling the HTC M7 on March 8th, but we expect the phone will show up in the UK and Europe before US service providers start stocking their store shelves with the HTC M7.
The March 8 launch date aligns with previous reports from industry sources which claimed HTC was working to secure enough components to manufacture 4-5 million units on the M7 in the first quarter of 2013 and that HTC would start selling the smartphone in Q1 of 2013 in order to have a 2-3 month sales advantage over Samsung's next flagship device.
According to the past rumours, HTC M7 will be powered by 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 2GB of RAM. It will have 32GB of internal storage. HTC M7 is also expected to come with 13-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera and 2300 mAh battery.
HTC M7 will also be equipped 4G connectivity support and Wi-Fi 802.11ac connection that's three times faster than the current 802.11n WLAN wireless technology.
HTC is expected to add a layer of HTC Sense 5.0 on this smartphone. Pocketnow has posted a few pictures via Sina Weibo, which appear to be screenshots of this new user interface.
It is already known that HTC Sense 5.0 is expected to bring in a whole new user experience. The new UI is claimed to be "simple and clean" and will have an improved lockscreen, and offer further tweaks to HTC apps.
HTC is still hushed on the rumours. Moreover, there is no word yet as to which Australian carriers will offer HTC M7 in the Land Down Under. Thus, consumers must stay put and wait for the official announcement of the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family