Alicia Keys Reveals Her Tech Savvy Ingenuity
By Gilda Galang | January 31, 2013 1:45 PM EST
As though news of the name change of Research in Motion to BlackBerry, the new BlackBerry 10 OS, and the Z10 and Q10 launch weren't enough, BlackBerry brings out another surprise during its launch event: Alicia Keys is now onboard the company as its global creative director.
Part of the Grammy Award-winning singer's BlackBerry duties include close dealings and communication with app developers creators, carriers, retailers, and most importantly, the entertainment industry to propel the BlackBerry10 to the public, reports ABC News.
BlackBerry President and CEO Thorsten Hein sees Keys's involvement as a positive move for the company.
"We are excited she will be bringing to us her enormous capabilities, as well as a vast network of relationships in the entertainment, social media, and business communities, to help shape our brand and grow our business," he said in a statement to E! Online.
The celebrity enlistment for BlackBerry does not end with Keys, reports Paste Magazine. BlackBerry has been reported to hint at having author Neil Gaiman and director Robert Rodriguez to avidly use the brand's newest phones in film projects.
Late last year, Alicia Keys has been involved in a copyright infringement lawsuit for her single Girl on Fire
According to Rollingstone, songwriter Earl Shuman claimed that Keys used two seconds of his "Hey There Lonely Girl," based on a story reported by blogger Roger Friedman.
This time, it seems that Keys is taking her creative expertise to more digital ground, which is, surprisingly, not a territory that the singer is unfamiliar with.
Last year, she was part of the Consumer Electronics Show for Monster. PNJ.com also reports that she has done work on behalf of Hewlett-Packard, where she joined the Everybody On campaign in 2011.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares