Alicia Keys Reveals Her Tech Savvy Ingenuity
By Gilda Galang | January 31, 2013 1:45 PM EST
As though news of the name change of Research in Motion to BlackBerry, the new BlackBerry 10 OS, and the Z10 and Q10 launch weren't enough, BlackBerry brings out another surprise during its launch event: Alicia Keys is now onboard the company as its global creative director.
Part of the Grammy Award-winning singer's BlackBerry duties include close dealings and communication with app developers creators, carriers, retailers, and most importantly, the entertainment industry to propel the BlackBerry10 to the public, reports ABC News.
BlackBerry President and CEO Thorsten Hein sees Keys's involvement as a positive move for the company.
"We are excited she will be bringing to us her enormous capabilities, as well as a vast network of relationships in the entertainment, social media, and business communities, to help shape our brand and grow our business," he said in a statement to E! Online.
The celebrity enlistment for BlackBerry does not end with Keys, reports Paste Magazine. BlackBerry has been reported to hint at having author Neil Gaiman and director Robert Rodriguez to avidly use the brand's newest phones in film projects.
Late last year, Alicia Keys has been involved in a copyright infringement lawsuit for her single Girl on Fire
According to Rollingstone, songwriter Earl Shuman claimed that Keys used two seconds of his "Hey There Lonely Girl," based on a story reported by blogger Roger Friedman.
This time, it seems that Keys is taking her creative expertise to more digital ground, which is, surprisingly, not a territory that the singer is unfamiliar with.
Last year, she was part of the Consumer Electronics Show for Monster. PNJ.com also reports that she has done work on behalf of Hewlett-Packard, where she joined the Everybody On campaign in 2011.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown