Alicia Keys Reveals Her Tech Savvy Ingenuity
By Gilda Galang | January 31, 2013 1:45 PM EST
As though news of the name change of Research in Motion to BlackBerry, the new BlackBerry 10 OS, and the Z10 and Q10 launch weren't enough, BlackBerry brings out another surprise during its launch event: Alicia Keys is now onboard the company as its global creative director.
Part of the Grammy Award-winning singer's BlackBerry duties include close dealings and communication with app developers creators, carriers, retailers, and most importantly, the entertainment industry to propel the BlackBerry10 to the public, reports ABC News.
BlackBerry President and CEO Thorsten Hein sees Keys's involvement as a positive move for the company.
"We are excited she will be bringing to us her enormous capabilities, as well as a vast network of relationships in the entertainment, social media, and business communities, to help shape our brand and grow our business," he said in a statement to E! Online.
The celebrity enlistment for BlackBerry does not end with Keys, reports Paste Magazine. BlackBerry has been reported to hint at having author Neil Gaiman and director Robert Rodriguez to avidly use the brand's newest phones in film projects.
Late last year, Alicia Keys has been involved in a copyright infringement lawsuit for her single Girl on Fire
According to Rollingstone, songwriter Earl Shuman claimed that Keys used two seconds of his "Hey There Lonely Girl," based on a story reported by blogger Roger Friedman.
This time, it seems that Keys is taking her creative expertise to more digital ground, which is, surprisingly, not a territory that the singer is unfamiliar with.
Last year, she was part of the Consumer Electronics Show for Monster. PNJ.com also reports that she has done work on behalf of Hewlett-Packard, where she joined the Everybody On campaign in 2011.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones