How I Met Your Mother Season 9 - Official Farewell, Cobie Smulders Talks about Barney's 'Mission'
By Arlene Paredes | January 31, 2013 1:03 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is now official in all levels. It is the final season of the hit CBS sitcom. Praises for the show and excitement for a "proper close" have come from as high as 20th Century Fox Television leadership. Meanwhile, Cobie Smulders teases fans on HIMYM Season 8X15: "P.S. I love you" and Barney's "mission."
HIMYM Season 9 OK, TV Execs 'Thrilled'
"We're thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close," Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television, were quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother," reads the statement.
The CBS network leadership is also pleased to announce a season farewell for the hit sitcom.
"Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catch-phrases," said Nina Tassler, CBS Entertainment president. She noted HIMYM is backed by "some of TV's most passionate fans."
Cobie Smulders dish "P.S. I Love You" moments
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Smulders said next week's episode is about "how one becomes obsessed with another person." It sounds like some secrets will be mentioned. And fans know if there are secrets, Barney Stinson would like to unravel them.
True enough, Smulders confirmed Barney "goes on this [truth-finding] mission and at the end of his mission, he finds this video." Fans already know that Robin's Canadian pop star past will figure in this special episode. Is this the last Robin Sparkles appearance in the series?
"I think people will see how [the latest Sparkles appearance] bridges the gap between the Robin we've seen before and what came next and what was the end of Robin Sparkles' career. So if it's the end, it feels like a fitting ending," HIMYM co-creator Craig Thomas told EW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0