How I Met Your Mother Season 9 - Official Farewell, Cobie Smulders Talks about Barney's 'Mission'
By Arlene Paredes | January 31, 2013 1:03 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is now official in all levels. It is the final season of the hit CBS sitcom. Praises for the show and excitement for a "proper close" have come from as high as 20th Century Fox Television leadership. Meanwhile, Cobie Smulders teases fans on HIMYM Season 8X15: "P.S. I love you" and Barney's "mission."
HIMYM Season 9 OK, TV Execs 'Thrilled'
"We're thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close," Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television, were quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother," reads the statement.
The CBS network leadership is also pleased to announce a season farewell for the hit sitcom.
"Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catch-phrases," said Nina Tassler, CBS Entertainment president. She noted HIMYM is backed by "some of TV's most passionate fans."
Cobie Smulders dish "P.S. I Love You" moments
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Smulders said next week's episode is about "how one becomes obsessed with another person." It sounds like some secrets will be mentioned. And fans know if there are secrets, Barney Stinson would like to unravel them.
True enough, Smulders confirmed Barney "goes on this [truth-finding] mission and at the end of his mission, he finds this video." Fans already know that Robin's Canadian pop star past will figure in this special episode. Is this the last Robin Sparkles appearance in the series?
"I think people will see how [the latest Sparkles appearance] bridges the gap between the Robin we've seen before and what came next and what was the end of Robin Sparkles' career. So if it's the end, it feels like a fitting ending," HIMYM co-creator Craig Thomas told EW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People