How I Met Your Mother Season 9 - Official Farewell, Cobie Smulders Talks about Barney's 'Mission'
By Arlene Paredes | January 31, 2013 1:03 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is now official in all levels. It is the final season of the hit CBS sitcom. Praises for the show and excitement for a "proper close" have come from as high as 20th Century Fox Television leadership. Meanwhile, Cobie Smulders teases fans on HIMYM Season 8X15: "P.S. I love you" and Barney's "mission."
HIMYM Season 9 OK, TV Execs 'Thrilled'
"We're thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close," Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television, were quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother," reads the statement.
The CBS network leadership is also pleased to announce a season farewell for the hit sitcom.
"Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catch-phrases," said Nina Tassler, CBS Entertainment president. She noted HIMYM is backed by "some of TV's most passionate fans."
Cobie Smulders dish "P.S. I Love You" moments
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Smulders said next week's episode is about "how one becomes obsessed with another person." It sounds like some secrets will be mentioned. And fans know if there are secrets, Barney Stinson would like to unravel them.
True enough, Smulders confirmed Barney "goes on this [truth-finding] mission and at the end of his mission, he finds this video." Fans already know that Robin's Canadian pop star past will figure in this special episode. Is this the last Robin Sparkles appearance in the series?
"I think people will see how [the latest Sparkles appearance] bridges the gap between the Robin we've seen before and what came next and what was the end of Robin Sparkles' career. So if it's the end, it feels like a fitting ending," HIMYM co-creator Craig Thomas told EW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate