How I Met Your Mother Season 9 - Official Farewell, Cobie Smulders Talks about Barney's 'Mission'
By Arlene Paredes | January 31, 2013 1:03 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is now official in all levels. It is the final season of the hit CBS sitcom. Praises for the show and excitement for a "proper close" have come from as high as 20th Century Fox Television leadership. Meanwhile, Cobie Smulders teases fans on HIMYM Season 8X15: "P.S. I love you" and Barney's "mission."
HIMYM Season 9 OK, TV Execs 'Thrilled'
"We're thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close," Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television, were quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother," reads the statement.
The CBS network leadership is also pleased to announce a season farewell for the hit sitcom.
"Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catch-phrases," said Nina Tassler, CBS Entertainment president. She noted HIMYM is backed by "some of TV's most passionate fans."
Cobie Smulders dish "P.S. I Love You" moments
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Smulders said next week's episode is about "how one becomes obsessed with another person." It sounds like some secrets will be mentioned. And fans know if there are secrets, Barney Stinson would like to unravel them.
True enough, Smulders confirmed Barney "goes on this [truth-finding] mission and at the end of his mission, he finds this video." Fans already know that Robin's Canadian pop star past will figure in this special episode. Is this the last Robin Sparkles appearance in the series?
"I think people will see how [the latest Sparkles appearance] bridges the gap between the Robin we've seen before and what came next and what was the end of Robin Sparkles' career. So if it's the end, it feels like a fitting ending," HIMYM co-creator Craig Thomas told EW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2