How I Met Your Mother Season 9 - Official Farewell, Cobie Smulders Talks about Barney's 'Mission'
By Arlene Paredes | January 31, 2013 1:03 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is now official in all levels. It is the final season of the hit CBS sitcom. Praises for the show and excitement for a "proper close" have come from as high as 20th Century Fox Television leadership. Meanwhile, Cobie Smulders teases fans on HIMYM Season 8X15: "P.S. I love you" and Barney's "mission."
HIMYM Season 9 OK, TV Execs 'Thrilled'
"We're thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close," Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television, were quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
"Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother," reads the statement.
The CBS network leadership is also pleased to announce a season farewell for the hit sitcom.
"Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catch-phrases," said Nina Tassler, CBS Entertainment president. She noted HIMYM is backed by "some of TV's most passionate fans."
Cobie Smulders dish "P.S. I Love You" moments
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Smulders said next week's episode is about "how one becomes obsessed with another person." It sounds like some secrets will be mentioned. And fans know if there are secrets, Barney Stinson would like to unravel them.
True enough, Smulders confirmed Barney "goes on this [truth-finding] mission and at the end of his mission, he finds this video." Fans already know that Robin's Canadian pop star past will figure in this special episode. Is this the last Robin Sparkles appearance in the series?
"I think people will see how [the latest Sparkles appearance] bridges the gap between the Robin we've seen before and what came next and what was the end of Robin Sparkles' career. So if it's the end, it feels like a fitting ending," HIMYM co-creator Craig Thomas told EW.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar