Australia Wanted Man Setu Aloiai Surrenders
By Gilda Galang | January 31, 2013 12:22 PM EST
The Brisbane area can sleep a little better tonight, after a suspected dangerous escaped man was finally apprehended Wednesday night.
After absconding and going missing for almost an entire day, Setu Aloiai, 31, handed himself to the Dutton Park Police Station around 10 p.m., reports News.com.
Aloiai had gone off track when he cut off his GPS tracking bracelet while in the Brighton area Tuesday night. Authorities immediately dispatched a monitoring team.
According to police reports, the escape occurred at 10:26 p.m. when the monitoring received a strap and body tamper alert.
When attempts to contact Aloiai proved unsuccessful as well as search attempts in the area showed futile results, the police were contacted by 10:50 p.m.
A declared serious violent offender, Aloiai had served a nine-year sentence after being found guilty for indecent assault, reports 9 News National.
His sentence included a circumstance of aggravatiom, occasioning actual bodily harm on an adult female victim.
According to The Australian, Aloiai was released last March under a five-year Dangerous Prisoner and Sex Offender Act supervision.
No other charges in relation to his escape have been made declared as of posting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows
- Prince Charles to Reshape Monarchy When He Becomes King – Report
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- New Zealand's Anti-Terror Law is Ready For Debate In Parliament : PM Releases Final Draft
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James