Nexus 4 Available Again at Google Play Stores in Germany and United States
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 31, 2013 11:07 AM EST
Consumers can once again get their hands on the Nexus 4 phone at the Google Play Store but only in the United States and Germany. Hopefully, supply will last this time as the other countries like Australia wait for further announcements on when the Nexus 4 can be purchased.
In a blink of an eye, Nexus 4 was immediately sold out in December 2012 after its launch together with the Nexus 7 and 10 tablets in November. Both LG and Google made efforts to overcome the low supply issues of the device due to its very high demand.
Nexus 4 can be purchased online from the Google Play Store where the 8GB version costs $299 while the 16GB version is worth $349. T-Mobile is the sole United States carrier that offers 16GB Nexus 4 with a two-year contract at the price of $199.
"With that limitation in mind, to get the phone directly from Google, head over to Google Play. Once you order, the phone should ship in one to two weeks," Google advised the consumers who have been patiently waiting for the availability of Nexus 4.
Wilson Rothman of NBC News recently reviewed the Google Nexus 4 phone. He even claimed that Nexus 4 is much improved compared to the rival smart phone Samsung Galaxy SIII.
"The phone, with a 4.7-inch screen, is a collaboration of Google and LG representing the pinnacle of Android hardware and software. The Nexus 4 runs smooth as butter and has a vibrant screen that is second to none," Rothman said.
In his review, Wilson Rothman still brought up the greatest challenge of LG and Google which is the Nexus 4 supply issues plus the availability of the device with other carriers. "If it represents the finest example of an Android phone, and I feel that it does, then why isn't it available on all carriers and on the fastest 4G networks?" Rothman stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports