Secret Sylvester Stallone Tapes Destroyed In Abuse Settlement With Half-Sister
By Charles Poladian | January 31, 2013 9:12 AM EST
Classified court documents have revealed a settlement reached by Sylvester Stallone and his half-sister, Tori-Ann Filiti, 25 years ago over abuse allegations she made. Stallone agreed to a $2 million payment, but six tapes were to be destroyed as part of the agreement.
The New York Post had the scoop on Stallone’s settlement and the secret tapes that were destroyed under the 1987 deal. Stallone agreed to a settlement of a $2 million lump sum as well as monthly payments of $16,666.66 for life and $50,000 for medical bills and psychiatric care, reports the Post.
Filiti claimed that Stallone physically abused her, although the “Rocky” actor has denied all allegations. Filiti died in August from lung cancer, reports the Daily Mail, and perhaps the most interesting part of the settlement, aside from the vast amount of money paid by Stallone, is the mention of six secret tapes.
In a letter, Filiti’s lawyers wrote, according to the Post: “This is to acknowledge receipt from you of a total of six cassette tapes, four of which contain conversations between you and your older half-brother who we are referring to as S.” The attorneys mention that as part of the agreement the tapes would be destroyed.
The Post says there could be more secret tapes that reveal other shocking details of the Stallone family. Jackie Stallone, the mother of Sylvester, Filiti and singer Frank Stallone, told the Post that the settlement did not indicate guilt on Sylvester’s part, rather that his half-sister extorted her famous sibling. Jackie said, “It was a very serious thing: Toni-Ann blackmailed him. She threatened Sly, quite frankly. This was nothing more than a shakedown.” The NY Post also said Jackie accused her late daughter of being addicted to Oxycontin.
At the time of the settlement, Stallone had starred in the first four “Rocky” movies as well as the first two “Rambo” movies, making him one of the biggest stars of the 1980s. According to his mother, “At the time he was very hot and his lawyers said, ‘Give her something just to shut her up’,” reports Daily Mail.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop