Drake Crashes Tatyana Ali's Birthday Party: Gives Her Roses And Ace Of Spades [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | January 31, 2013 7:47 AM EST
While celebrating her 34th birthday, “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” actress Tatyana Ali was surprised by her crush—rapper Drake.
Earlier this month, Ali, who currently stars on the BET comedy show, “Second Generation Wayans,” admitted her crush on Drake to the Huffington Post.
When asked what she would title her reality show if given the opportunity, Ali replied, “’Dirty Laundry,’ or ‘I Love Drake!’— in which I stalk him on tour and try to make him realize we’re meant to be together. God, I love his voice.”
Apparently Drake read her interview, and decided to surprise the actress, who looked all too happy to see him crash her party.
Ali celebrated at the Supper Club in L.A and Drake reportedly gave her roses and a bottle of Ace of Spades.
Ali recently discussed her new role on “Second Generation Wayans,” which premiered this month, with Vibe Vixen.
“It’s kinda nice to have a girl character like that for people to see, so people can see what it actually feels like and what it’s like for a young woman in business to make a name for herself,” Ali said.
Meanwhile, Drake has recently been in the news after it was revealed that he wants to get paid for the use of the phrase he helped make famous -- "YOLO."
The rapper first used "YOLO" -- which stands for "You only live once" -- in his song, "The Motto," when he stated, “You only live once, that’s the motto, YOLO.”
Since then, it has become a widely used phrase by fans. But Drake apparently wants to get paid for the phrase being used on hats and other merchandise.
He posted a picture of hats with the phrase on it, along with the caption, “Walgreens ... you either gotta chill or cut the cheque.”
It is unclear if Drake actually has the legal right to get paid for use of the term.
"It's unclear if Drake has a trademark for anything and/or everything YOLO or if he just expects people to send him checks when they print up clothing," Gawker's Jordan Sargent wrote, according to the Huffington Post.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On