Fulham Follow Up Emanuelson Deal with Tottenham Midfielder Bid - Report
By Didrik Ottesen | January 31, 2013 1:28 AM EST
Fulham boss Martin Jol will make a £5m bid for Tottenham Hotspur's Tom Huddlestone as the club look to complete a deal for AC Milan utility player Urby Emanuelson, according to The Daily Mail.
The White are hoping to complete a deal for Huddlestone before the window closes, believing the England international would accept an offer having worked with Jol during the Dutchman's time at White Hart Lane.
Huddlestone, who has played more than a 150 times for the North Londoners since his £2.5m move from Derby in 2005, has struggled to force himself into the starting XI at Tottenham this season, and Jol is hoping the 26-year-old could help fill the gap left by Moussa Dembele, who moved in the opposite direction in the summer.
The former Wolverhampton Wanderers loanee was close to completing a summer transfer window move to Stoke City in August with the deal reportedly falling through after problems with the midfielder's medical. A series of injury problems have worked to undermine Huddlestone's time at Tottenham.
Meanwhile, Fulham are also in advanced talks to sign AC Milan's Dutch midfielder Urby Emanuelson, according to the Mail.
The versatile 26-year-old can play on the left back, midfield and as a winger and is believed to be in London to undergo a medical.
Emanuelson tweeted on Tuesday: "'a strange day... Leaving Milano for London... Tomorrow we know more, [sic]" before being photographed on a flight to London by Green Soccer Journal.
The former Ajax player worked under Jol during his spell at the Dutch giants and will become Fulham's second loan signing this transfer window after Emmanuel Frimpong joined from Arsenal earlier this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions