Fulham Follow Up Emanuelson Deal with Tottenham Midfielder Bid - Report
By Didrik Ottesen | January 31, 2013 1:28 AM EST
Fulham boss Martin Jol will make a £5m bid for Tottenham Hotspur's Tom Huddlestone as the club look to complete a deal for AC Milan utility player Urby Emanuelson, according to The Daily Mail.
The White are hoping to complete a deal for Huddlestone before the window closes, believing the England international would accept an offer having worked with Jol during the Dutchman's time at White Hart Lane.
Huddlestone, who has played more than a 150 times for the North Londoners since his £2.5m move from Derby in 2005, has struggled to force himself into the starting XI at Tottenham this season, and Jol is hoping the 26-year-old could help fill the gap left by Moussa Dembele, who moved in the opposite direction in the summer.
The former Wolverhampton Wanderers loanee was close to completing a summer transfer window move to Stoke City in August with the deal reportedly falling through after problems with the midfielder's medical. A series of injury problems have worked to undermine Huddlestone's time at Tottenham.
Meanwhile, Fulham are also in advanced talks to sign AC Milan's Dutch midfielder Urby Emanuelson, according to the Mail.
The versatile 26-year-old can play on the left back, midfield and as a winger and is believed to be in London to undergo a medical.
Emanuelson tweeted on Tuesday: "'a strange day... Leaving Milano for London... Tomorrow we know more, [sic]" before being photographed on a flight to London by Green Soccer Journal.
The former Ajax player worked under Jol during his spell at the Dutch giants and will become Fulham's second loan signing this transfer window after Emmanuel Frimpong joined from Arsenal earlier this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia