BBC Meltdown as Mouse Invades Radio 5 Live: 'It's on the Bloody Table!'
By Dominic Gover | January 31, 2013 12:54 AM EST
A mouse triggered terror live on air when it ambushed BBC radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty during a broadcast.
The rodent sent the 5Live studio into meltdown and even triggered fears that a guest had suffered a heart attack on the lunchtime show, yesterday (January 29).
Fogarty interrupted an interview about addiction to suddenly begin screaming: "It's on the bloody table! It ran across my bloody hand!"
Millions of listeners heard Fogarty's outburst when the surprise furry guest appeared suddenly, causing her to clamber up on to a chair in fear of the small creature.
"I saw my guest put his hand on his chest and I thought he was having a heart attack, but he had seen a mouse. I squealed and put my feet on a chair to get away from it, but it ran on the table and across my hand," Fogarty said.
After the ordeal which disrupted the programme, Fogarty announced: "I'm going home to recover."
Listeners were divided on the mouse drama. One listener labeled it "funniest radio ever." Another lambasted Fogarty, writing: "What a bimbo!"
Radio 5Live broadcasts from MediaCityUK in Salford, Manchester. The BBC moved much of its broadcasting north from London in a controversial move in 2011. Obviously they took some of the furry residents from TV Centre with them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia