BBC Meltdown as Mouse Invades Radio 5 Live: 'It's on the Bloody Table!'
By Dominic Gover | January 31, 2013 12:54 AM EST
A mouse triggered terror live on air when it ambushed BBC radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty during a broadcast.
The rodent sent the 5Live studio into meltdown and even triggered fears that a guest had suffered a heart attack on the lunchtime show, yesterday (January 29).
Fogarty interrupted an interview about addiction to suddenly begin screaming: "It's on the bloody table! It ran across my bloody hand!"
Millions of listeners heard Fogarty's outburst when the surprise furry guest appeared suddenly, causing her to clamber up on to a chair in fear of the small creature.
"I saw my guest put his hand on his chest and I thought he was having a heart attack, but he had seen a mouse. I squealed and put my feet on a chair to get away from it, but it ran on the table and across my hand," Fogarty said.
After the ordeal which disrupted the programme, Fogarty announced: "I'm going home to recover."
Listeners were divided on the mouse drama. One listener labeled it "funniest radio ever." Another lambasted Fogarty, writing: "What a bimbo!"
Radio 5Live broadcasts from MediaCityUK in Salford, Manchester. The BBC moved much of its broadcasting north from London in a controversial move in 2011. Obviously they took some of the furry residents from TV Centre with them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS