Boeing's Fourth-Quarter Earnings Fall Despite Revenue Gain, No Impact Seen From Grounding Of 787 Dreamliner Fleet
January 31, 2013 12:44 AM EST
The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) officials maintained Wednesday that the ongoing investigation of 787 Dreamliner batteries – which has led the Federal Aviation Administration to indefinitely grounded all 787s -- would have “no significant financial impact” on profitability.
The Chicago-based aerospace giant issued the forecast as it reported a nearly 30 percent drop in net profit, to $978 million from $1.39 billion in the year-earlier quarter, which was boosted by a one-time favorable tax matter.
Earnings per share from continuing operations in the fourth quarter fell to $1.38 from $1.84, despite a revenue gain of 14 percent to $22.3 billion.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected fourth-quarter earnings per share of $1.19.
“The company's current 2013 financial guidance assumes no significant financial impact from the FAA directive” to ground all in-service 787 Dreamliners until problems with the aircraft’s lithium-ion batteries are solved.
Shares rose in premarket trading by 95 cents to $74.60.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown