Boeing's Fourth-Quarter Earnings Fall Despite Revenue Gain, No Impact Seen From Grounding Of 787 Dreamliner Fleet
January 31, 2013 12:44 AM EST
The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) officials maintained Wednesday that the ongoing investigation of 787 Dreamliner batteries – which has led the Federal Aviation Administration to indefinitely grounded all 787s -- would have “no significant financial impact” on profitability.
The Chicago-based aerospace giant issued the forecast as it reported a nearly 30 percent drop in net profit, to $978 million from $1.39 billion in the year-earlier quarter, which was boosted by a one-time favorable tax matter.
Earnings per share from continuing operations in the fourth quarter fell to $1.38 from $1.84, despite a revenue gain of 14 percent to $22.3 billion.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected fourth-quarter earnings per share of $1.19.
“The company's current 2013 financial guidance assumes no significant financial impact from the FAA directive” to ground all in-service 787 Dreamliners until problems with the aircraft’s lithium-ion batteries are solved.
Shares rose in premarket trading by 95 cents to $74.60.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports