Cheap Samsung Galaxy Express with Jelly Bean OS, 4G LTE Now Available Internationally
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 31, 2013 12:07 AM EST
The new Samsung Galaxy Express was unveiled at international markets.
The Korean mobile giant has finally 'launched' the Android Jelly Bean-powered device officially in the international market. The device first slipped in the US market since last year.
The Express packs a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory with Micro SD card support. It has a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED screen, and is 9.3 mm thick. It sports a 1.3 megapixel camera on the front, 5 megapixel lens on the back and all the usual connectivity - WiFi, USD 2.0, Bluetooth, etc - which includes NFC.
The device also includes the firm's AllShare device-to-device streaming features, S Beam and Mobile High Definition Link which connects to phone to HD displays to play content on larger screens, and other standard features. Users can enjoy Google Now and all the other benefits of the phone shipping Android 4.1.
Based from the specs, the new smartphone is certainly superior to the Galaxy S Mini III, which was released in October 2012.
However, the pricing and the availability of the device were still undisclosed by the Korea's tech giant. However, based from the specs, the device is expected to be much cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Samsung's myriad of devices has helped it become the world's largest smartphone maker by some distance. According to an IDC report published last week, the company shipped 63.7 million smartphones in the final quarter of 2012.
Furthermore, the analyst firm estimates that Samsung shipped a record 216 million smartphones over the entire year, that's a 129 increase on its 2011 tally.
Samsung is set to release two of the highly anticipated smartphones - Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation