West Ham Close to Signing Former England Goalkeeper - Report
By Didrik Ottesen | January 30, 2013 11:30 PM EST
Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson is close to completing a move to West Ham after the 33-year-old fell out of favour at Ewood Park.
According to BBC, the two clubs are close to agreeing on a deal that could West Ham's reserve stopper Stephen Henderson move in the opposite direction just six months after he joined the club from Portsmouth.
Robinson, who was a first team regular under Allardyce when he was Blackburn boss between 2008- 2010, is yet to agree personal terms, but is believed to be relishing the opportunity of playing in the Premier League once again.
Should the former England number one make the move to Upton park then he will compete with Jussi Jaaskelainen for a place in Hammers' starting XI.
Along with completing the transfer of local hero Joe Cole this transfer window, West Ham have also signed Wellington Paulista and Marouane Chamakh on loan deals for the remaining part of the season from Cruzeiro and Arsenal respectively.
They also yesterday confirmed the signing of yet another loan deal as the former Middlesborough player Emanuel Pogatetz was unveiled.
"I am looking forward to the opportunity to play for the club and help it get good results.
"I will be doing my best to play well and hope I can play a part in the club achieving the targets for this season."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop