West Ham Close to Signing Former England Goalkeeper - Report
By Didrik Ottesen | January 30, 2013 11:30 PM EST
Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson is close to completing a move to West Ham after the 33-year-old fell out of favour at Ewood Park.
According to BBC, the two clubs are close to agreeing on a deal that could West Ham's reserve stopper Stephen Henderson move in the opposite direction just six months after he joined the club from Portsmouth.
Robinson, who was a first team regular under Allardyce when he was Blackburn boss between 2008- 2010, is yet to agree personal terms, but is believed to be relishing the opportunity of playing in the Premier League once again.
Should the former England number one make the move to Upton park then he will compete with Jussi Jaaskelainen for a place in Hammers' starting XI.
Along with completing the transfer of local hero Joe Cole this transfer window, West Ham have also signed Wellington Paulista and Marouane Chamakh on loan deals for the remaining part of the season from Cruzeiro and Arsenal respectively.
They also yesterday confirmed the signing of yet another loan deal as the former Middlesborough player Emanuel Pogatetz was unveiled.
"I am looking forward to the opportunity to play for the club and help it get good results.
"I will be doing my best to play well and hope I can play a part in the club achieving the targets for this season."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide