Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Plus P8200 Appears in Benchmark: 10in Tablet to Use 1.7GHz Exynos 5 Dual
By Sarmistha Acharya | January 30, 2013 10:20 PM EST
Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Tab 3 Plus reportedly appeared in benchmark revealing the features of the Galaxy tablet.
Techkiddy, after speaking to certain unnamed sources, reports the features of Galaxy Tab 3 Plus almost match with Google's 10in Nexus branded tablet, dubbed as Nexus 10. Samsung is expected to showcase the tablet at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) event scheduled in Barcelona.
According to AnTuTu benchmark, the 10in Galaxy Tab 3 Plus with model number GT-P8200 will use Exynos 5 chip featuring a dual-core Cortex-A15 processor, with each running at clock speeds up to 1.7GHz.
This is the same processor that powers the Nexus 10. In addition to that benchmark tests by AnandTech suggest that the Exynos 5 dual is indeed a powerful processor.
The latest discloser claims that the Galaxy Tab 3 Plus will run on the latest Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), which Google released for its Nexus devices. The tablet managed to score a total of 13377 points in the benchmark test.
At present, there is no much information on the price as well as the release date of the Tab 3.
Interestingly, the User Agent Profile (UAProf) of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 appeared in Samsung's official site. The UAP suggests, the Tab 3 series tablet will come in three variants: GT-P3200, GT-P5200 and GT-P8200. The P3200 is rumoured to be a 7in Galaxy tablet, the P5200 is the Galaxy Note 8.0 and the P8200 is said to be the model number of Galaxy Tab 3 Plus.
The Galaxy Tab 3 Plus, according to the UAProf, carries a display of 10in with resolution measuring 1600 x 2560 pixels, which is similar to the resolution of Nexus 10. The 7in Galaxy device will feature resolution measuring 600 x 1024 pixels and the Galaxy Note 8.0 at 800 x 1280 pixels along with S Pen functionality.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report