HIV Infected Man Rapes Teen, Files Bail Petition Seeking Medical Care
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 30, 2013 9:13 PM EST
A teen was abducted and raped by a man, alleged to have HIV, in the Silchar town of southern Assam.
The incident came to light after the girl's family lodged a missing compliant on Jan 20. They later found her lying unconscious near Badarpur railway station, 18 km away from Silchar.
The girl was rushed to Silchar Medical College Hospital where she regained consciousness and narrated the incident to the police.
In a statement to the police, the girl, a class IX student, said that she was heading back to her house from the toilet outside when a group of five men attacked her at around 4 am on Jan 20.
She went on to say that one of the men sprayed a sedative on her face after which she lost consciousness. She added that before falling unconscious she recognized one of the men as Rajib Borlaskar who hails from the same place.
Police arrested Borlaskar and said a raid is on to nab the other accused. They also said that her medical reports confirmed rape.
"Medical tests revealed the girl was raped. On the basis of her statement, we caught an accused the following day ... The others, yet to be identified, are absconding," the police told DNA.
Claiming that he was an HIV patient and required medical attention, Borlaskar filed a bail petition. However, the court rejected his petition taking into account the seriousness of the offence and ordered the police to provide him a separate cell and medical care.
The incident has stirred outrage in Assam. Political parties and social organizations have come forward demanding severe punishment for the accused.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter