Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 Gets Official Android 4.1.2 XXCMA2 Jelly Bean OTA Firmware [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | January 30, 2013 8:49 PM EST
Samsung had recently rolled out the latest Jelly Bean firmware update - Android 4.1.2 XXCMA2 - for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000. The official firmware can now be downloaded manually either via Samsung KIES or using this guide. Users need not root their device or install a custom recovery tool for installing this firmware, as it is an official release.
Android 4.1.2 XXCMA2 Official Firmware Details
Key Points to Note
- Official XXCMA2 OTA firmware and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
- Verify that correct USB drivers are installed for the tablet on the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note N8000 USB drivers.
- Backup important data and settings on the tablet and ensure that the device has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled by navigating to Settings > Developer Options or Settings > Applications > Development.
- Ensure that the device is factory unlocked and not locked to a specific carrier.
- Root access to the device will be lost soon after installing the official firmware. Users need to root the device again to regain full system access for installing third-party root-based apps, custom ROMs and system tweaks.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the official firmware. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Official Android 4.1.2 XXCMA2 Jelly Bean OTA Firmware
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 N8000XXCMA2 OTA firmware for Galaxy Note 10.1 to the computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85, which is needed to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note N8000.
Step 3 - Power off the tablet and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together, until the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on screen.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect Galaxy Note 10.1 to it while the tablet is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - When the tablet connects successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes turns yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step may take about 5 minutes to complete.
Step 6 - Now, choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on the tablet, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the 'PDA' button and select the file named 'CODE'.
- Tap the 'Phone' button and choose the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Hit the 'CSC' button and choose the file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Click the 'PIT' button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if it is absent.
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option should be checked ONLY if a .PIT file is chosen in the previous step.
Step 8 - Now, hit the Start button in ODIN and the installation process will begin. It would take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the firmware installation is completed, the tablet will reboot automatically. When the home screen appears, just disconnect the tablet from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 XXCMA2 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More