Arsenal v Liverpool: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | January 30, 2013 7:21 PM EST
Arsenal host Liverpool at the Emirates in the pick of the fixtures in midweek, with both clubs still struggling to find consistency. The match will be crucial for both teams, as they still harbour hopes of clinching a top four spot this season.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7.45pm GMT, with Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 2 HD, Sky Sports 3D and Sky Sports Go providing live coverage in the UK
Another disappointing season has placed Arsene Wenger's side at sixth in the Premier League table, four points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur. Meanwhile, Liverpool did manage to recover from their early troubles to raise themselves to the seventh spot and could now be level on points with the Gunners, if they pick up the win.
Both sides scored five times in their last league outing. Arsenal hammered London rivals West Ham United 5-1 at the Emirates and the Reds were also equally impressive beating Norwich City 5-0 at Anfield, leaving both sets of supporters wondering why they fail to play like that every week.
However, Liverpool did suffer a major setback at the weekend, when they lost to League One outfit Oldham Athletic in the FA Cup, making the Europa League their only remaining option to fight for a title this season. The Gunners, on the other hand, left it late but eventually got the better of an impressive Brighton & Hove Albion side to progress to the fifth round, where they will meet Blackburn Rovers.
The reverse fixture in September ended in a 2-0 win for the north London club, with their summer signings Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla netting their first Arsenal goals. However, Liverpool had triumphed the last time they played at the Emirates, a 2-0 victory back in August 2011.
With Arsenal forwards Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott and Podolski all hitting peak form in the last week and a free-scoring Luis Suarez now being joined by an opportunistic Daniel Sturridge for Liverpool, a high scoring game is expected.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W L W L
- Last Match: Brighton & Hove Albion 2-3 Arsenal
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): L W L W W
- Last Match: Oldham Athletic 3-2 Liverpool
Arsenal: Mikel Arteta (calf), Francis Coquelin (hamstring) and Lukasz Fabianski (back) remain sidelined for the Gunners, while Gervinho is still with the Ivory Coast squad in South Africa.
Captain Thomas Vermaelen should be back in defence, after missing out against Brighton due to an ankle injury. Meanwhile, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Bacary Sagna and Kieran Gibbs are all set to return to starting line-up, after being benched in midweek.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Diaby, Wilshere; Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski; Giroud
Liverpool: Rodgers has no fresh injury worries as long-term absentee Martin Kelly (knee) is the only player unavailable. The Reds have three players returning from the sidelines for this clash: Jose Reina, Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson.
The Northern Irish tactician is likely to field a familiar line-up against the Gunners, after criticising the club's young players for their performance at the weekend, meaning the likes of Brad Jones, Sebastian Coates, Jack Robinson, Jordan Henderson and Fabio Borini should make way for first team regulars Reina, Daniel Agger, Johnson, Lucas and Steven Gerrard.
Probable Line-up: (4-3-3): Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage