Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Unisys, Chesapeake Energy, Dolby, Ryland, ServiceNow, Cobalt, Spansion, Royal Caribbean, Ace, Celanese)
By Satya Nagendra | January 30, 2013 5:11 PM EST
The top after-market NYSE gainers Tuesday were Unisys Corp, Chesapeake Energy, Dolby Laboratories, Ryland Group and ServiceNow. The top after-market NYSE losers were Cobalt International Energy, Spansion, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ace Ltd and Celanese Corp.
Unisys Corp. (NYSE:UIS) shares rallied 11.42 percent to $21.08 in post-market trading. The company reported the fourth quarter net profit of $81.8 million or $1.67 per share, down from $94.3 million or $1.94 per share in the same period last year but topped the analysts’ estimate of $0.93 per share.
Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK) shares climbed 9.07 percent to $20.69 in post-market trading. The company announced Tuesday that its co-founder, chief executive officer and president Aubrey K. McClendon would retire April 1, 2013 and continue to serve as chief executive officer until the appointment of his successor.
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) shares surged 4 percent to $33.02 in post-market trading. Its first quarter net profit declined to $51.3 million or $0.50 per share from $73.2 million or $0.67 per share in the same quarter last year but topped Reuters’ estimate of a net profit of $0.45 per share. Dolby Labs currently expects fiscal 2013 revenue to be in a range of $910 to $950 million compared to the analysts’ estimate of $918.50 million.
Ryland Group Inc. (NYSE:RYL) shares gained 3.36 percent to $42.70 in post-market trading. Its fourth quarter net income surged to $28.57 million or $0.55 per share from $812,000 or $0.02 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
ServiceNow Inc. (NYSE:NOW) shares rose 3.35 percent to $31.21 in post-market trading. The company stock plunged more than 3 percent in regular trading.
Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CIE) shares tumbled 9.15 percent to $22.25 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $19.54, a 52-week high of $36.51 and $9.96 billion in market capitalization.
Spansion Inc. (NYSE:CODE) shares slumped 8.96 percent to $11.99 in post-market trading. The company swung to the fourth quarter net profit of $6.9 million or $0.11 per share compared to the net loss of $74.4 million or $1.25 per share. The adjusted net profit was $0.34 per share compared to a loss of $0.68 per share last year but missed the analysts’ estimate of $0.36 per share.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE:RCL) shares plunged 5.15 percent to $35.55 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $22.12, a 52-week high of $38.56 and $8.17 billion in market capitalization.
Ace Ltd. (NYSE:ACE) shares declined 4.51 percent to $81.11 in post-market trading. Its fourth quarter operating profit declined to $492 million or $1.43 per share from $648 million or $1.90 per share in the same quarter a year earlier. The company expects that the fiscal 2013 operating profit will be in a range of $6.60 to $7.00 per share, below the analysts’ estimate of $7.89 per share.
Celanese Corp. (NYSE:CE) shares declined 3.69 percent to $46.31 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $32.77, a 52-week high of $52.59 and $7.67 billion in market capitalization.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June