Tampon Girl Suicide: Twitter Users React to Reports on Giovanna Plowman’s Alleged Death
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2013 4:02 PM EST
Social networking sites like "Twitter" are currently creating noise once more as users react on the news about "Tampon Girl" Giovanna Plowman's alleged suicide. Giovanna's death has not yet been verified true but recent reports suggest that it is another stunt of the Buffalo teenager to gain more fame.
Who could ever forget the 15-year-old New York City teenager after she posted the disturbing video of herself eating a used tampon? Giovanna Plowman is obviously desperate becoming famous that she conducted such disgusting act just to be recognized.
Internet discussion began whether the "Tampon Girl" video was authentic or just a practical joke after it was released. Now, the Giovanna Plowman suicide reports gave the same effect to the social networking site users as they posted their reactions, for instance, on "Twitter."
"uhm so did Giovanna plowman really commit suicide or is she just trying to get more followers?" Twitter user @ClaudiaChalecki wrote. Other reports suggest that Giovanna Plowman committed suicide because she could no longer handle all of the bullying and negative comments about her.
However, social media users are still frankly expressing their opinion over the tampon scandal. "i wouldn't feel any remorse if i was the cause to push giovanna plowman to her suicide," Twitter user @annasteezyy posted.
Another Twitter user, @ChinaaDoll__, wrote this message: "Did Giovanna Plowman really commit suicide? Why would she make a video of her eating her tampon & not being able to handle the comments?"
The suicide news came from Giovanna Plowman's Twitter account, @TheGiovannaP, where the teenager's mom posted the message. It reads: "Hello this is Giovanna mom. I'm very sorry to say that Giovanna has commit suicide on 1/27 at 8:17. I'm extremely upset with all the hate she got."
Other Twitter users pondered on the parenting responsibilities of Giovanna's mother and even attacked her on how she raised her daughter. "If I was Giovanna Plowman's mother I'd slap her till she was purple," Twitter user @NanyyLolih posted.
@Hannah_Niemann6 wrote "I wonder what Giovanna Plowman's mother thinks of her actions... I'd disown her" while Twitter user @flowertattoo_ posted the message "Giovanna Plowman should crawl back into her mother's womb and for the love of God, stay there."
Meanwhile, a number of "R.I.P. Giovanna Plowman" pages surfaced on Facebook after the alleged suicide reports of the internet star.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Explosion in Canada Damages Building, Five Injured
- 15-year-old's 'Impressive' Letter Adds To Online Support For Emma Watson
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate