Miami Heat’s LeBron, Wade, Bosch Meets Obama, Photobomb’s at the White House
By Czarina Malleta | January 30, 2013 2:04 PM EST
Miami Heat stars LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosch made a trip to the White House to meet President Barack Obama. The stars were honored for winning the 2012 NBA championship after failing just a year before.
President Obama welcomed the Miami Heat team to the White House on Monday to celebrate their victory. The President as well as his wife Michelle Obama are self-proclaimed avid sports enthusiasts. During the 2012 Olympic, Michelle even flew to London to watch and support the US teams as they compete.
"Everybody doing their part is what finally put the Heat over the top," President Obama said during the awarding ceremony.
Last June, The Miami Heat won over the Oklahoma City Thurnder under just 5 games. Apart from honoring their victory in basketball, Obama also recognized and thanked the athletes for their works outside the court.
Obama expressed his gratitude to LeBron, Wade and Bosch for their support to the military service members at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. The President said that he is proud that many of the team members are taking their roles as fathers seriously.
"For all the young men out there who are looking up to them all the time, for them to see somebody who cares about their kids and is there for them day in and day out, that's a good message to send," Obama said.
Miami Heat's coach, Erik Spoelstra, said that he wishes that the team be an inspiration to the country of what can be done when everyone works together as a team.
"He was proud of our accomplishment and really the road that it took us to get there. He mentioned that, and that meant a lot to our guys, dealing with the adversity, dealing with all the criticism -he can relate to that - and persevering at the end, " Spoelstra said.
Meanwhile, the quirkiness from the NBA stars was evident while they goofed around at a photo taken inside the White House. When the boys huddled up for a picture with team owner Micky Arison, Chris Bosch made sure to make it fun. Chris Bosch's photobomb picture is circulating over the web and has been gaining props and hits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports