Miami Heat’s LeBron, Wade, Bosch Meets Obama, Photobomb’s at the White House
By Czarina Malleta | January 30, 2013 2:04 PM EST
Miami Heat stars LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosch made a trip to the White House to meet President Barack Obama. The stars were honored for winning the 2012 NBA championship after failing just a year before.
President Obama welcomed the Miami Heat team to the White House on Monday to celebrate their victory. The President as well as his wife Michelle Obama are self-proclaimed avid sports enthusiasts. During the 2012 Olympic, Michelle even flew to London to watch and support the US teams as they compete.
"Everybody doing their part is what finally put the Heat over the top," President Obama said during the awarding ceremony.
Last June, The Miami Heat won over the Oklahoma City Thurnder under just 5 games. Apart from honoring their victory in basketball, Obama also recognized and thanked the athletes for their works outside the court.
Obama expressed his gratitude to LeBron, Wade and Bosch for their support to the military service members at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. The President said that he is proud that many of the team members are taking their roles as fathers seriously.
"For all the young men out there who are looking up to them all the time, for them to see somebody who cares about their kids and is there for them day in and day out, that's a good message to send," Obama said.
Miami Heat's coach, Erik Spoelstra, said that he wishes that the team be an inspiration to the country of what can be done when everyone works together as a team.
"He was proud of our accomplishment and really the road that it took us to get there. He mentioned that, and that meant a lot to our guys, dealing with the adversity, dealing with all the criticism -he can relate to that - and persevering at the end, " Spoelstra said.
Meanwhile, the quirkiness from the NBA stars was evident while they goofed around at a photo taken inside the White House. When the boys huddled up for a picture with team owner Micky Arison, Chris Bosch made sure to make it fun. Chris Bosch's photobomb picture is circulating over the web and has been gaining props and hits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced